USF Players

mrmason67

Reaction score
What you guys think about drafting USF players? We already have one and he (Mike Jenkins) has turn out to be a pro bowl player. He has that swagger(confidence) like most Florida players. I really like three players from USF. I don't see them going before the 2nd round. So, we might have to trade down some or to the top of the 2nd round to add extra picks. What you guys think?

Nate Allen, FS, South Florida - Scouting Report
Height: 6-1. Weight: 205.
Projected 40 Time: 4.47.
Projected Round (2010): 2.
1/14/10: One of the more underrated prospects in this class, Nate Allen garnered 85 tackles, four interceptions and four pass deflections in 2009.

Carlton Mitchell, South Florida
Height: 6-4. Weight: 210.
Projected 40 Time: 4.48.
Projected Round (2010): 5-6.
1/10/10: Carlton Mitchell has declared for the 2010 NFL Draft. Mitchell had 40 catches for 706 yards and four touchdowns in 2009. He's a mid-late-round prospect, but with a new coach coming in, going into the draft early was probably the safe move.

Jerome Murphy, South Florida
Height: 6-0. Weight: 191.
Projected 40 Time: 4.51.
Projected Round (2010): 3-4.
1/9/10: A massive corner, Jerome Murphy qualified for the All-Big East Second Team with 77 tackles and eight passes broken up.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I think your thread would have been a lot better had you given us a list of previous USF players in the NFL, where they were drafted, who they played for, and how successful they have been.

Then, we could make a more informed decision about the future prospects from that school.

Of course, I do understand that there is not really a correlation between the USF players from previous years and these prospects.

mrmason67

Reaction score
This is true and maybe I should have listed them. There may not be any other than Mike Jenkins, but he has turned out to be a very good player. What do you think about Nate Allen, Carlton Mitchell and Jerome Murphy?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
it does seem like their defensive prospects are quite solid. USF was known for their defense over the last decade, far more than their offense. I find their secondary players to be pretty darn good.

it will be interesting to see how the team fairs starting next season and beyond, now that they fired the only head coach they had in team history.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I'm pro Jerome Murphy, have had him in my last two drafts as a possible free safety for the Boys. 77 Tackles as a corner is nothing to sneeze at.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;3283482 said:
I'm pro Jerome Murphy, have had him in my last two drafts as a possible free safety for the Boys. 77 Tackles as a corner is nothing to sneeze at.

Ya that wouldn;t be a terrible idea. He's a pretty good tackler.