Vandy on the PUP?

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Should Vanderjagt go on the PUP and we just go with Suisham until Vandy is 100%?

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Natedawg44 said:
Should Vanderjagt go on the PUP and we just go with Suisham until Vandy is 100%?

the pup is for players who come to camp and are unable to practice. He is not eligible for the PUP

Kevlee06

Reaction score
Vandy has time for his issues to clear up. Missing 6 weeks of the season is a tad much.

He's a kicker. Groins always get a little soar (former kicker here). Its important for him to be healthy in a few weeks. No need to push himself now. Its not like he's learning a new offense or something.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Can he even practice? It doesn't look like he can kick an extra point at this point. You can pull them off of the PUP at anytime. It doesn't have to be the full 6 weeks.

Byrdman1531

Reaction score
I think hes talking about the PUP to start the season. Not the TC PUP. Or are they the same?

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Natedawg44 said:
Can he even practice? It doesn't look like he can kick an extra point at this point. You can pull them off of the PUP at anytime. It doesn't have to be the full 6 weeks.

Nate you have to trust me on this he is not eligible for the PUP. It is ONLY for players who report to training camp unable to practice. If they practice even 1 time they are no longer eligible

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Also for any player on the PUP list, once the season begins they are not allowed to be taken off PUP until week 6

Smith22

Reaction score
NFL rules allow teams to designate players as physically unable to perform, generally due to an injury that existed before camp or was caused by a non-football activity. Once players are designated as such, they are prohibited from practicing with the team. They can, however, rehabilitate and participate in team meetings. If a player begins training camp on the PUP list, he can be moved to the active roster at any time, even after one practice. A player cannot be placed on the PUP list if they start training camp on the active roster.