Verdict's food for thought

Verdict

Reaction score
Here are my thoughts of how things will shake out in the playoff picture. A lot of these thought have been echoed by other posters, but here goes:

1. The playoff field in the NFC will consist of three teams from the NFC East and the division winners from the other divisions.

2. The Giants may win the NFC East, but it is not as much of a foregone conclusion some may think. They will obviously make the playoffs though.

3. Dallas, Philly and Washington will be fighting this one out down to the last weekend. Don't count Philly out just yet. Just when I was ready to kick dirt on them they showed up big.

4. I believe that Minnesota will win their division AND have a significant effect on who gets in from the other divisions. I think Minnesota beats Chicago this weekend and doesn't look back.

5. It looks like a true 4 horse race in the NFC South. I'm not sure Carolina or Tampa Bay can keep down Atlanta, or New Orleans.

burmafrd

Reaction score
1. Not so sure since Atlanta could end up with a better record. The NFC east beat each other up so much that we might let someone else slip in.

2. Baring a total collapse the Giants have the division. We just have to accept that. They are not going to lose 3 more games this year and that is what it would take to even come close to them losing the division.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
burmafrd;2452230 said:
2. Baring a total collapse the Giants have the division. We just have to accept that. They are not going to lose

The Burress incident (Whoops, I accidentally shot myself - err, the Giants - in the foot) could be the beginning of the Giants' demise. Burress commands double-teams, and without him two things can happen: (1) Eli Manning will turn back into a pumpkin, and (2) defenses will commit an extra defender to stop the running game. Add to that the off-field distraction this Burress incident will cause, the Giants can easily enter December unfocused. Here's hoping they suffer a total collapse for Dallas to win the Division. :D

adamc91115

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2452244 said:
The Burress incident (Whoops, I accidentally shot myself - err, the Giants - in the foot) could be the beginning of the Giants' demise. Burress commands double-teams, and without him two things can happen: (1) Eli Manning will turn back into a pumpkin, and (2) defenses will commit an extra defender to stop the running game. Add to that the off-field distraction this Burress incident will cause, the Giants can easily enter December unfocused. Here's hoping they suffer a total collapse for Dallas to win the Division. :D

The last 2 games Burress has been out the Giants have 40+. The off-field part of it will be bigger than the on-field part.