Very cool picture of Tom Landry in World War II

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
At first I thought the map was superimposed over a picture of a guy with his arm, shoulder, and neck running along the edge of the map. I thought it was photoshopped, for a few seconds.
:laugh:

RoboQB

Reaction score
There's a great story about Landry in the military.
Their plane had lost power and was going down.
He calmly used his engineering injunuity(sp?) and
suddenly the plane regained power.

I've read so many books, I can't remember which one
it was in. Landry was so awesome, in ways that the
21st century kids may never understand.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I love this stuff! Can you imagine years later what those other guys were thinking knowing they were with Landry in the war?

My Grandfather was there and may have known him. He also crashed his plane , it was actually during a training exercise and they put him in a Stalag somewhere in Bavaria I recall. I never knew Landry was that involved wow.

1942willys

Reaction score
My Grandfather was there and may have known him. He also crashed his plane , it was actually during a training exercise and they put him in a Stalag somewhere in Bavaria I recall. I never knew Landry was that involved wow.
Back then it was not talked about like it would be today. but pretty much every article on landry's life mentioned it; and I am sure when he passed it was mentioned in all of them

Rayman70

Reaction score
Back then it was not talked about like it would be today. but pretty much every article on landry's life mentioned it; and I am sure when he passed it was mentioned in all of them
that's right! My Grandfather never mentioned it. You just didn't talk about it . Thats the way it was, We didn't find out until he passed away in 1990 that this happened to him. He didn't want the attention and I am sure it was a traumatic memory. I did recall him joking about eating Dog in Germany or in that region. He never said the exact circumstances. My understanding was that the Germans and the prisoners were fed anything that moved or crawled. Horrible. I thought he was kidding at the time because I was barely 7 when he told us.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
About 25 years ago I walked into a tiny shack of an office on an unattended airfield. There was the man himself. What a great man!
Good picture big dog!