Veteran actor André Braugher Dies at age 61

quickccc

Reaction score
https://deadline.com/2023/12/andre-...e-street-brooklyn-nine-nine-actor-1235665513/

André Braugher Dies: Star Of ‘Homicide: Life On The Street’, ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ & Other Series And Films Was 61​

d48bbacd832bce95950aecaa11ace920.jpg

80d66244540a09a6a834fef3386ae3e7.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
omg. He was only two years older than me.

He was good in everything he was associated with, even in projects with brief lifespans. I remember him playing a US Navy submarine captain on a television series called Last Resort. I had high hopes for the show but it had poor direction and a short-sighted storyboard. I do not think the show lasted six months before it got yanked.

Even so, he was one of the few bright spots of the series, along with Jessica Camacho and Autumn Reeser. He had a strong screen presence, regardless of whether he was doing something serious or funny.

Rest in peace, Mr. Braugher. You will be missed.

mldardy

Reaction score
This one hurt. Loved him in Glory, The Mist, and especially Homicide. Detective Pembleton was one of the greatest detectives in TV history. He will be missed.:(

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wow, that sucks! He was such a good actor, and a very good comic actor as well. The man exuded class.

R.I.P.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Like Bill Paxton, ..Andre Braugher was one of my favorite actors. We've lost another (sigh)

Glory
Get on the Bus
The Mist
Primal Fear
Salem's Lot
Homicide: Life on the Street
Law & Order
I didn't realize he was in Glory. It's been a while. I'm going to have to give that film another look.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
"died monday, after a brief illness"

that sentence is interesting

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I didn't realize he was in Glory. It's been a while. I'm going to have to give that film another look.
That's honestly the only role I know him from. Only recognized him because of the snapshot above with the glasses. Much younger back then, but Glory still one of my all-time favorite movies.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's honestly the only role I know him from. Only recognized him because of the snapshot above with the glasses. Much younger back then, but Glory still one of my all-time favorite movies.
He was also in City of Angels, Nicholas Cage and Meg Ryan. He played an angel.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I can recommend checking out his performances in the TV show, Brooklyn 99. He's hilarious. The whole show is.

Passepartout

Reaction score
Died way too young. Even though I didn't like him that much on "Homicide Life on the Street!" But an awesome actor who really is so very much underrated and at times underappreciated. He did have a sense of humor in "Brooklyn 99" as the straight but funny man to the characters. RIP!