Veteran Coaches Vs Younger Coaches

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Which would you prefer if we made a change in our head coaching position? Would you want the more experienced coach, or a younger upcoming guy from the college ranks who had success, or a younger position coach around the league. Which would you pick??

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which would you prefer if we made a change in our head coaching position? Would you want the more experienced coach, or a younger upcoming guy from the college ranks who had success, or a younger position coach around the league. Which would you pick??
Why are you asking? We're keeping MM, quit asking questions that don't matter!!!

JBS

Reaction score
Depends on each team

I don’t think a young coach is what this team needs. Other teams a young coach works better than an older coach

BlueStar22

Reaction score
The coach doesn't matter, the QB doesn't matter. If there is no change in how the ownership conducts business, nothing is ever going to work.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Not sure what the defnition of a young coach is vs older but never been a big fan of retread coaches and rather take a chance on a freah face.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
It depends on the team. This team, I think, would do better with a veteran coach.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Great knowledge & experience is a winning formula unless that person can not adapt or teach.

Being young, bright, aggressive & too naive to understand what you don't know can also work in the right situation.

Stak78

Reaction score
I’d prefer an experienced head coach with previous championship success in either the NFL or NCAA. However, most of the assistants, especially position coaches, need to be young and ambitious. I cannot stand lifelong assistant coaches that have never had any real success. They are too comfortable and complacent. Yet, for some reason Jerry loves to hire old retreads assistant coaches.