Vick is fun to watch, but he'll never win a Super Bowl

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Michael Vick will never win a Super Bowl. He won't even win an NFC Championship game.

He'll keep the Falcons in the postseason for years to come, he'll keep fans entertained and he'll give game commentators and football talking heads plenty of chances to wax poetic about his abilities. But Vick can only take the Falcons so far before coming up short, and the reason he'll fail is simple: He is a terrible passing quarterback.

He's is incredibly inaccurate, and on most of the occasions he does complete a pass, he almost gets his wideout decapitated because the ball is three feet over his head. There's no doubt that Vick has a gun for an arm, but what good is it when you conjure up images of Rick Ankiel?

The biggest problem with Vick is that you expected to see some improvement by this point in his career, but that hasn't happened. Here are Vick's passing numbers this season:

12-of-23, 156 yards, 0 TD, 1 int.
11-of-19, 123 yards, 1 TD, 0 int.
15-of-27, 167 yards, 2 TD, 1 int.
6-of-8, 49 yards, 1 TD, 0 int.
11-of-23, 112 yards, 1 TD, 1 int.
11-of-26, 116 yards, 0 TD, 3 int.

Some people will use the argument that defense and a running game win Super Bowls, but most Super Bowl winners have received a decent game from their quarterback. There comes a point when the quarterback has to make a play with his arm, when he needs to complete a pass. Vick can't do that. Sorry, Falcons fans. Your signal-caller took you as far as he could last season.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/jimmy_traina/10/27/therant1027/index.html

Uh-Oh

Reaction score
Vick isn't fun to watch to me. Everytime he runs, it just churns my stomach and gives me heartburn. JUST THROW THE DAMN BALL, MIKE! Maybe these running QB aren't so great afterall. If Vick can make it to the Superbowl, then maybe there's magic in these QuarterRunningBacks. But the way this guy plays, I wonder if he'll ever be healthy when the team will need him most.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Uh-Oh said:
Vick isn't fun to watch to me. Everytime he runs, it just churns my stomach and gives me heartburn. JUST THROW THE DAMN BALL, MIKE! Maybe these running QB aren't so great afterall. If Vick can make it to the Superbowl, then maybe there's magic in these QuarterRunningBacks. But the way this guy plays, I wonder if he'll ever be healthy when the team will need him most.

Vick is the only running QB. There are several in college, but he is the only on in the pros.

Uh-Oh

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
Vick is the only running QB. There are several in college, but he is the only on in the pros.
That is exactly what I'm referring to. Running QB's are the future of the NFL. They are a reality in College football right now. The NFL is gonna turn into a running game league. Marvin, T.O., and Randy Moss are the last of the elite Wr's. The next generation of WR's are going to blocking specilaists for when these QuarterRunningBacks get ready to run. They are gonna take over the NFL! :bang2: