[Video] A coach that rallied his team. I adore this man

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Yea he's a great coach. It took me years to like him. Actually until he was in KC. I still remember hating him when he was coach of the Eagles. He was the coach there when I became a Cowboy fan. Never disliked him like I did Buddy Ryan though.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Yea he's a great coach. It took me years to like him. Actually until he was in KC. I still remember hating him when he was coach of the Eagles. He was the coach there when I became a Cowboy fan. Never disliked him like I did Buddy Ryan though.
Buddy Ryan was a trend-setter and, tho, he never won, is in the pantheon of coaches. Same with Coryell. But also, **** the Eagles. But also, RIP Jerome Brown. Beast. BEAST.

But that pre-season speech, migosh, PA. Gives me the chills every time I see it. Even Kurt, on his latest interview with Joe Buck, tells of how much that interview, along with his faith and trust in him, is what rallied him into full-blown believing he could QB his team to a SB.

The whole episode from this clip is incredible, but it's that preseason speech I wanted to highlight :)

Flamma

Reaction score

Exactly the same for me. But when he came out of nowhere and took another team to the SB I started to pay attention to this guy. I was actually rooting for the Rams in that SB against Tennessee just because of him. He was playing with a short stick when they played the Raiders in SB 15. I'm surprised he got that team to play as well as they did. I thought the Raiders and San Diego were better than the Eagles.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Rams vid :) :muttley:

(but I get your's and PA's take, JC)

:star::star::star:

Unabashed Eagles hater, here, too, brother.
:laugh:
I know, T.
And man, was the Rams team fun to watch.
It was the Vermeil ties to the movie that got the Eagles mention.
Gave ol Vince Papale a shot
On a whole other scale, Warner too

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Vince has a house down the Jersey shore. He's a wonderful and kind man. And for his age, he's still very fit.
HwANs0C.jpg
Can't see the pic, Sis :(

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Exactly the same for me. But when he came out of nowhere and took another team to the SB I started to pay attention to this guy. I was actually rooting for the Rams in that SB against Tennessee just because of him. He was playing with a short stick when they played the Raiders in SB 15. I'm surprised he got that team to play as well as they did. I thought the Raiders and San Diego were better than the Eagles.
I was rooting for the Titans. My hatred for the Rams went back to the 70's too although I did root for them in one SB. ;)

Bigdog

Reaction score
And there is a guy some where who is a multi millionaire of the Rams that year. I guess every year he puts down some money to win the SB and the Rams were like 50,000 to 1 to win it that year or something like that. And as they say the rest is history.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
And there is a guy some where who is a multi millionaire of the Rams that year. I guess every year he puts down some money to win the SB and the Rams were like 50,000 to 1 to win it that year or something like that. And as they say the rest is history.
Really, BD? LOL How much did he win, if you recall?

Bigdog

Reaction score
Really, BD? LOL How much did he win, if you recall?
I don't recall but I remember it was on ESPN or some national news outlet after the Super Bowl. I like the guy who played Dick Vermil in the movie Invincible.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:laugh:
I know, T.
And man, was the Rams team fun to watch.
It was the Vermeil ties to the movie that got the Eagles mention.
Gave ol Vince Papale a shot
On a whole other scale, Warner too
"Ol Vince" is still in great shape. He has a house at the Jersey shore down from a friend of mine. Super guy!
HwRpusP.jpg