Video/Audio: Free Reign's new single - Rise Up

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Here's the new single from Free Reign which will be airing during the game tomorrow on the Fox broadcast...

[youtube]xIZeyg1m7ek[/youtube]

Marc Colombo is getting better. Their new album will be coming out in November.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
It is ok but then again I do not have high hopes they will be any good.

fannypack

Sweet Squirrel
Reaction score
If it weren't for their big names this would be no better than your neighborhood teenage metal band. I'm glad they're multi-talented though.

Kilyin

Reaction score
I dunno, that's pretty terrible. It's almost as bad as watching Procter play football for this team.

Spectre

Reaction score
Kilyin;2935190 said:
I dunno, that's pretty terrible. It's almost as bad as watching Procter play football for this team.
agreed.
You can tell with the trained ear that any inkling of sounding good is the direct result of "studio magic" and the one guy who actually is a guitarist and not a football player.

These guys are pretty bad but I don't have anything against them having fun and having lives outside of football. I just hope they don't get it twisted that they're being featured and growing popular because of who they are (NFL players) and not what they are (a wannabe heavy metal band).

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
starfrombirth;2935328 said:
YEah right. A lot of "professionals" can't do that. Still, the Free Reign song isn't too bad... kinda liked it even.

There is nothing you can do, haters are going to hate.

:fact:

MrMom

Reaction score
Re-release "We Are The Chowda Heads" and I'll jump on board.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Spectre;2935199 said:
agreed.
You can tell with the trained ear that any inkling of sounding good is the direct result of "studio magic" and the one guy who actually is a guitarist and not a football player.

These guys are pretty bad but I don't have anything against them having fun and having lives outside of football. I just hope they don't get it twisted that they're being featured and growing popular because of who they are (NFL players) and not what they are (a wannabe heavy metal band).
Actually, Procter is very good at drums.

You can hear their less polished material elsewhere and they are very clearly talented musicians (at least at drums and guitar, which is all that matters in metal music).

Bass is bass, you could teach a monkey to play it well enough to not be a distraction.

Colombo can't really sing, but on the whole this is a good bit beyond "teenagers in a garage band" material. In addition to be talented musicians, they have a knack for writing music.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Not hating to hate, that just sounds really bad. I don't know if it's supposed to sound all distorted, but whatever. The singing is totally off key as well.

fannypack

Sweet Squirrel
Reaction score
Spectre;2935470 said:
Skilled? yes.
sound good? no.

Fixed the first part. The second part is opinion. Let's face it, the amount of skill these guys have pretty much lies within every average metal band in your local neighborhood. They've got the limelight due to their names alone.