Video: Chris Gronkowski vs Iowa

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
[youtube]X1NPWtybzow[/youtube]

I don't see this kid as an NFL FB. Even at AZ he's lining up as a HBack/TE in short yardage situations while someone else plays lead FB.

If he's going to push anyone for a roster spot it would be John Phillips because he's a similiar type of player.

And I doubt he's pushing Phillips anywhere.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
[sure didnt look good dc, i guess we will have to ask biggems what happened?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dcfanatic;3459411 said:
[youtube]X1NPWtybzow[/youtube]

I don't see this kid as an NFL FB. Even at AZ he's lining up as a HBack/TE in short yardage situations while someone else plays lead FB.

If he's going to push anyone for a roster spot it would be John Phillips because he's a similiar type of player.

And I doubt he's pushing Phillips anywhere.
He played a lot of H-back this last year because his brother was out injured. Prior to this year he absolutely was a FB and played very little at H-Back or TE. In other words, he played there out of necessity.

I have never considered him a true FB, but he is very good at blitz recognition which is key. Having learned some receiving skills last year he is more versatile than he was before.

I hope he makes the team, because I have a bias. It will be an uphill battle. He might be on the PS this year more than anything else.

He is a FB much more than a TE or H-back, but he is not a traditional FB as I said. No doubt though that NFL teams will see him as a traditional FB more than they will an H-back or TE. I say that because of blitz recognition.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3459483 said:
He played a lot of H-back this last year because his brother was out injured. Prior to this year he absolutely was a FB and played very little at H-Back or TE. In other words, he played there out of necessity.

I have never considered him a true FB, but he is very good at blitz recognition which is key. Having learned some receiving skills last year he is more versatile than he was before.

I hope he makes the team, because I have a bias. It will be an uphill battle. He might be on the PS this year more than anything else.

He is a FB much more than a TE or H-back, but he is not a traditional FB as I said. No doubt though that NFL teams will see him as a traditional FB more than they will an H-back or TE. I say that because of blitz recognition.

I think all of these FB's are going to get a shot at challenging Anderson in the preseason games, but if they don't wow us with some bone crunching hits then Anderson won't lose the job.

I just wish Moose was 24 again, lol.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dcfanatic;3459486 said:
I think all of these FB's are going to get a shot at challenging Anderson in the preseason games, but if they don't wow us with some bone crunching hits then Anderson won't lose the job.

I just wish Moose was 24 again, lol.
We need to find that Lamp!!!

I half wish Barber would play FB.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
FiveTime;3459504 said:
That Iowa defense made a lot of people look bad.

You know it brother, and we're going to be even better this year.

Our Dline is unblockable, and the National Championship is a realistic expectation.

And to all you haters, yes I'm serious lol. Just watch and see.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;3459508 said:

Our Dline is unblockable, and the National Championship is a realistic expectation.

I still hold it against you for that loss.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Hostile;3459515 said:
I still hold it against you for that loss.

Haha yeah but you had such a beautiful picture in your signature for the week after :D

...And you guys will get every chance for redemption when we come to your house week 3 for a primetime night game.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;3459508 said:

I agree Ferentz nows how built a program

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
I wish they spend a supplemental pick on this kid

Vanness Emokpae

Position: FB
Height: 6-1
Weight: 240
Hometown: Houston, Texas
High School: Kempner

Truman: 2008 - Played only in the first game against Southern Arkansas University before sustaining a season ending injury… had 1 reception for 11 yards and 1 rush for 5 yards...holds all-time lifting record for Bulldog receivers in bench (393lbs), squat (638lbs), incline (333lbs) and hang clean (369lbs).

Emokpae has the bulk and versatility to intrigue teams as an undrafted free agent.

Emokpaewhose versatility and production at Truman State makes him an intriguing prospect.

Officially listed by the school at 6-1, 240 pounds, Emokpae has seen time at every skill position on offense, even seeing time as the team's Wildcat quarterback and kick returner in 2009 and as a punter in 2007. He was officially listed by the Bulldogs as a wide receiver in 2009, though he led the team in rushing attempts.

Emokpae enjoyed his best season in 2009, leading the team in rushing yards (524), rushing touchdowns (5), receptions (26), receiving yards (365) and receiving touchdowns (4).

He missed all but the first game in 2008 with a knee injury and, having already graduated, simply is choosing to make himself eligible for the NFL rather than return to Truman State for his fifth season.

combination of athleticism and size to pique the interest of scouts. To find a niche in the NFL, however, each may have to make the difficult transition to fullback

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;3459516 said:
Haha yeah but you had such a beautiful picture in your signature for the week after :D

...And you guys will get every chance for redemption when we come to your house week 3 for a primetime night game.
You gonna make the flight? I'll buy dinner at my favorite Mexican place.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Hostile;3459630 said:
You gonna make the flight? I'll buy dinner at my favorite Mexican place.

Yeah I actually write for their athletics website so yeah I'll be there.

And I love me some buena comida mexicana.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;3460237 said:
Yeah I actually write for their athletics website so yeah I'll be there.

And I love me some buena comida mexicana.
Hey, I am dead serious. I know all the best places in town. I'll definitely have to introduce you to a Sonoran style hot dog.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Hostile;3460327 said:
Hey, I am dead serious. I know all the best places in town. I'll definitely have to introduce you to a Sonoran style hot dog.

Haha alright, we'll figure something out.