Video: Cletis Gordon looking like Deion!

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Cletis Gordon looking like Deion!

The star of training camp thus far in the seconday has been Cletis Gordon who is now clearly the 4th CB...

[youtube]FF2jpL2-Cyg[/youtube]

Cletis even did the one handed hold of the ball on the run back! lol.

I do have to think if that was Deion he would have put six on the board though.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
I couldn't even see it. that camera works was terrible, zooming out as the ball was in the air?

BlueStar3398

Reaction score
Cletis looked GREAT out there!

And did you see how happy Mike Jenkins (another one of my favorite players) was for him? He ran on the field to congratulate him and cheered him on from the sideline the whole time!

Reaction score
Gordon looks like the real deal... He comes away with the INT's, something the Dallas secondary REALLY needs.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ThreeSportStar80;3509398 said:
Gordon looks like the real deal... He comes away with the INT's, something the Dallas secondary REALLY needs.
Gordon's and TNew's INT were both pretty sweet last night. Glad the coaches are paying extra attention to this in camp. Our D was only lacking one thing and I hope they found it.

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;3509415 said:
Gordon's and TNew's INT were both pretty sweet last night. Glad the coaches are paying extra attention to this in camp. Our D was only lacking one thing and I hope they found it.

Yeah I agree, the 2010 Cowboys defense needs to be in the top 10 in turnovers to become a truly dominant defense.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BlueStar3398;3509392 said:
Cletis looked GREAT out there!

And did you see how happy Mike Jenkins (another one of my favorite players) was for him? He ran on the field to congratulate him and cheered him on from the sideline the whole time!

Jenkins wasn't the only one. Hatcher was pretty excited too. Heck, quite a few guys came running off the bench, including Dez. It's nice seeing that type of enthusiasm and comaraderie in a preseason game.

chicago JK

Reaction score
You keep on waiting for a guy like that to come back to earth a little as camp progresses. Reading the practice reports it seems like he keeps on making plays and is putting himself on this roster. And that is no small feat with all the very interesting undrafted competing for a few of the last spots in the secondary.

Reaction score
I have to say I have been rooting for McCann this preseason, but Cletis has won me over for sure after that game last night. Hopefully we can slip McCann onto the practice squad assuming we only keep 4 corners, but I don't think you can let a guy like Cletis go the way he's playing.

4th cornerbacks are exactly the types of guys who get to make a couple huge INTs during the course of a season, when the other team spreads you out and the ball is flying around.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
That was a great play by Gordon. Good for him.

I still think McCann (22 years old) will make the team.

You can never have enough CBs, and McCann has speed that you can't teach. Plus, the coaches like him.

I don't think McCann will make it to the practice squad.

Some other team will snag him, imo.

DeepBleu

Reaction score
with a name like cletis, he better be really good, or he is going to be subject to all kinds of female body part jokes.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
DeepBleu;3509804 said:
with a name like cletis, he better be really good, or he is going to be subject to all kinds of female body part jokes.

Uh, do not speak ill of the greatness that is Cletus Hogg.

cletus2.jpg

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Best image I could get. Checkout Gordon getting up for the INT!

Click pic for larger image

http://img707.*************/img707/5436/cgordon.jpg

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DeepBleu;3509804 said:

DeepBleu, you dipstick!

I like that Cletis was on the SD gameday roster for two years. Anybody know any details about his time there? Was he like their Jacques Reeves/Nate Jones from a few years back?

I have a hard time seeing why they'd give him a second round tender, then cut a player who can play CB like he obviously can. We're lucky to have picked him up, since the 4th CB spot might likely have been stocked by a low-round pick or a street FA otherwise.

The Emperor

Marcus Aurelius Maximus
Reaction score
He's a fifth year player. He should be dominating like this against second and third teamers. Let's see what he can do in November when he's having to cover Mario Manningham up in the Giants' new toilet bowl when first place in the division is on the line.

Yeah, he made a good interception and a good deflection, but to me, it's par for the course here in pre-season. To me, he's not exceeding his potential.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
dcfanatic;3509347 said:
I do have to think if that was Deion he would have put six on the board though.

I am a big Deion fan but i don't know if he had scored.

What i know is that this kid made a great play on this one. He always was in great position turned at the right time (which means he has a feel for situations and the game) and played the ball. Things i expect from a shutdown corner.

And that his return style reminds me of Deion alot let's me jump on the bandwagon twice.

Way to go Gordon! Keep it up. we may found something special here.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I feel very good about Gordon as our 4th CB he has been a real positive for the team during this camp