Video: Countdown crew w/Emmitt talks Cowboys loss

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
[youtube]rluIMELGpjo[/youtube]
-------------------------------------

Countdown crew with Emmitt talks loss to the Steelers.

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
I agreed with most of them, especially Emmitt. Most emotional and thorough effort by defense on team in 2 years! Hitting hard. Decisive play for 53 minutes. Even the sometime hater Berman at the end said "Dallas's D opened our eyes yesterday". It just would have been 5 times as effective to win that game. It hurts from 2 perspectives, 1 - we might miss the playoffs because we can't afford another loss and that would have been a nice buffer. 2 - Winning that game that decisively defensively with all the dings and hurt players would have really really given this team swagger and confidence, NOT the tenuous/fragile confidence this team really has. We took a 1/2 step, but could have taken a step AND a half by beating Pitts.

I do also agree with Madden. If we are as good as we should be, thought we'd be, as good as our talent would let us be if utilized by coaches and executed by players, well then we should win out and get to playoffs anyway. We should be able to beat the Giants and Baltimore at home. We've already beat Phili once. We control our destiny, we put ourselves in this hole, we can pull ourselves out. If we don't make playoffs it's because we didn't deserve it or do enough to get there despite what might historically be a decent "playoff type" record.

This team still has a future, but maybe it's not quite there at elite level yet. Windows don't last forever though. I believe in and like these guys, and I think most on this board do too, that's why it really hits a bunch of people emotionally when the Boys just seem to lose too many of these games!

LarryCanadian

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I think this is an elite team. If Romo and the other twenty guys don't get hurt then this team is likely not in this position. We've had an unbelieveable amt of injuries. Not saying there aren't problems but this is an elite team that has to learn to get out of its own way.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Emmitt is getting better, at this commentating thing. Dikta and Tom Jackson and Key, will not give props. but they were impressed and scared, as I have been saying for 3yrs now the teams does not want the Boys to get back to that championship level, we will once again dominate, that is why they are afraid, but it is inevitable.

DABOYZ

Reaction score
I can't beleive no one has brought up the fact that our special teams cost us at least one possesion and some points on the kicked ball by Battle.

If we get the ball on the Steelers 30, the game is pretty much over.

Givincer

Reaction score
jobberone;2475652 said:
I think this is an elite team. If Romo and the other twenty guys don't get hurt then this team is likely not in this position. We've had an unbelieveable amt of injuries. Not saying there aren't problems but this is an elite team that has to learn to get out of its own way.

Getting out of our own way has been our problem since 2005 if you'll remember. Kind of a frustratingly long time to have that problem.

We were able to get out of our own way pretty well all last year, with the exception of the playoff game.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
I think this team is real real close, but some of the players havent stepped up yet and become the leaders they should. Now the defense is, but the offense hasnt yet.

Next, we cant have no more days off, players have got to practice and keep praticing.

NO MORE DANG DAYS OFF FOR PLAYERS, guys like T O, Columbo whom just got a big pay raise, Flozell, Greg Ellis, Zach Thomas, they must practice and keep praticing, and hold the other players accountable to practice, study fiilm and work with the rookies.

AND SOMEONE HAS TO GET IN PROCTORS FACE, AND TELL HIM TO STAY WITH THE BLOCK TILL THE DARN PLAY IS OVER, BEFORE HE LOOKS DOWNFIELD TO WATCH THE PASS OR RUN. PROCTOR HAS GOT TO STEP HIS GAME UP AND BE ACCOUNTABLE.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Keyshawn is right about maybe having too many weapons, IMO, I think this is one of the roots of our problems.

DABOYZ

Reaction score
One other thing. I know it was cold as heck in Pittsburgh. But would it have been to much to ask for Romo to get off the bench and throw the ball on the sidelines? He just sat there on the bench with that dejected look on his face.

I mean with all the over throws, this might have helped him keep the balls down a little. Who knows.