Video: DFW Sportsbeat with Romo - Part Two

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
DFW Sportsbeat with Tony Romo - Part Two

Here's the second part of a very good interview with Brady Tinker of DFW Sportsbeat and Tony Romo...

[youtube]7alPLnCg2oc[/youtube]

I get on Brady sometimes because he gets some fact and figures wrong on occasion.

This two part interview is one of the best Romo has done in at least two years. So on this one Brady gets an A+. Very genuine interview from Romo which is hard to get these days and Brady was a part of that by asking very good questions.

Romo just seems like a completely different Quarterback these days. Notice I didn't say person. He's the same kid from Wisconsin, but he's now matured into that leader that every QB has to become at some point in their career. A few years ago I think his teammates wanted to play well for him because they liked him as one of the guys. Now I think his teammates want to go to work with him and play well because they see his dedication and determination to bring a Super Bowl trophy back to Dallas.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
He said Tony doesn't talk to them much anymore. Did something happen?

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3436214 said:
He said Tony doesn't talk to them much anymore. Did something happen?

He doesn't do the one on one sit down interviews anymore.

Staggerlee

chip_gilkey
Reaction score
dcfanatic;3436187 said:
This two part interview is one of the best Romo has done in at least two years. So on this one Brady gets an A+.

Brady appreciates your acceptance of his interview. I know youre the one critic whos opinion he values most.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
chip_gilkey;3436399 said:
Brady appreciates your acceptance of his interview. I know youre the one critic whos opinion he values most.

Thanks Mrs. Tinker.

:laugh2:

67CowboysFan

Reaction score
Last year I started getting a negative view of Brady Tinker from something he said (and probably wishes he hadn't) but this interview was excellent. After watching this, I'll probably start watching his show again. He gets an A+ from me as well on this one.

arglebargle

Reaction score
Great job by all involved!

I have to say, after a lot of due deliberation, that Tony Romo has become my favorite Cowboys QB ever. I sure hope that this becomes one of the team's magic seasons, with him at the helm.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Tony Romo is a breath of fresh air in more ways than one.

I need to watch both interviews back to back. It would be almost as good as watching a game.

Okay, that was hyperbole, but I still enjoyed it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks dc. This was great.

To your point about Romo, though, IMNSHO, he's pretty much exactly the same guy he's always been. His dedication and determination haven't changed a jot. Sure, he's got more experience and with that the rest of the team gets used to him in the QB role, but his personality and his carriage have been the same from day one, and the 'Tony Romo needs to become a better leader' refrain was bunk from the outset.

The guy's got the perfect temperament for this team, has been since he stepped into the starting role, and we're very lucky to have him.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's the first time time I've heard him mention Wade Wilson. I've always wondered if he is helping Tony at all. Romo credits Wilson for helping him improve, so there's my answer.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
The guy says all the right things. He's right. He takes an honest look at himself every season and improves on it. At least that's what he's shown me. He was good when he got here. Now he has the potential to be dominant.