dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
[youtube]thcVOOFmidU[/youtube]
-------------------------

I am just glad he's gone.

Wood

Reaction score
atleast he made sense this time and wasnt a distraction just for the sake of being a distraction as he was the past two training camps.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
i'm gonna keep him in madden as a 3rd down pass rusher. but once his contract is up he's gone.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
That was interesting.

Didnt he contradict himself from february when he said there were no problems in the locker room?

and him whining about spencer is him changing history. He started whining during the post game after the loss to the rams in 05 to end the season. Brad sham was shocked when he said he had no future here.

here is the audio for that.
http://www.4shared.com/file/109462918/f0cf0c41/Greg_Ellis_rams_post_game_interview.html

His attitude had to be a drag on this team.

I hope spencer and butler/williams have 20 sacks combined.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2797701 said:
That was interesting.

Didnt he contradict himself from february when he said there were no problems in the locker room?

and him whining about spencer is him changing history. He started whining during the post game after the loss to the rams in 05 to end the season. Brad sham was shocked when he said he had no future here.

He had his bags packed three seconds after the loss to the Giants in the playoffs as well.

He should change his name to 'Woe is me' Ellis.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
theebs;2797701 said:
That was interesting.

here is the audio for that.
http://www.4shared.com/file/109462918/f0cf0c41/Greg_Ellis_rams_post_game_interview.html

Supposedly he wasn't like that around the players at all and was always nothing but helpful.

When Dallas lost to the Ravens in the Texas stadium finale Ellis was the only guy on the entire team who went out and stood during the ceremonies.

He was always a good guy and I am extremely pleased with his dedication to this team.

Even when his contract was in dispute he still played tough.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
I've always thought Greg Ellis looked like the cookie monser.

Cookie+Monster.jpg

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
The little blurb they've been running on 103.3 claims he said he only wished Jerry had done this two years ago. :mad:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2797747 said:
The little blurb they've been running on 103.3 claims he said he only wished Jerry had done this two years ago. :mad:
Well, yeah, because 2 years ago he could have gotten more money than he was receiving at the time and today he won't get a contract giving him the money would have made this year with the Cowboys.

It was lose-lose with Ellis in that regard. And obviously money was his #1 concern.

JPostSam

Reaction score
i don't know... i think he spoke very well.

the only thing i can think of that might set people off is the insinuation that he was released to make way for spencer even though spencer is not as good as him.

now, he's not saying that directly, and he's being respectful -- but you know what? so far, he's got much better numbers. despite what wade phillips said about spencer really standing out on the film, i think we're all waiting for spencer to show up more in real time. he'll have his chance to prove himself, or fail, now.

what ellis doesn't say, but what i think is a much more accurate depiction of the situation, is that jerry and the coaches had to decide whether the better investment for the next season (and beyond) would be to play a relatively old greg ellis, or a young anthony spencer. i'm sure it's hard for someone who has played 11 seasons to say that he has less of a chance to contribute to a team than a younger guy still proving himself -- especially as any team he might go to could ask that same question -- but that's what it came down to.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
The Little Blurb......

Greg Ellis wishes Cowboys would have let him go two years ago

2:00 PM Wed, Jun 03, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon/Blogger

Greg Ellis didn't come across as bitter about the Cowboys cutting him during his appearance on "Good Morning Texas." He said he thought the decision was made primarily for financial reasons, and Ellis certainly understands that the NFL is a business.

Ellis just wishes Jerry Jones would have made this business decision immediately after the Cowboys took Anthony Spencer in the first round two years ago.

"As far as football, for the last couple of seasons, it probably would have been better for me to be on another team," Ellis said. "Not anything against the Cowboys - I love the guys, I love the Cowboys, obviously having been here so long - but it was kind of some awkward situations there."

Ellis elaborated by mentioning that the Cowboys spent consecutive first-rounders on outside linebackers. If you're reading this here blog in June, it's safe to assume you've heard or read variations of the explanation from Ellis a hundred or so times.

It's understandable that Ellis didn't enjoy the experience of constantly looking over his shoulder at his eventual replacement the last two seasons. However, it's hard to see how he would have been better off elsewhere the last two seasons.

Ellis had a career-best 12.5 sacks in 2007, when he made his only Pro Bowl appearance. His eight sacks in 2008 tied for the third-best total of his career. His stock is at least as high now as it was two years ago, when he was coming off a torn Achilles tendon.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Sounds like he handled himself with class. Wish I can say the same for some of you Zoners.

Four

Reaction score
if guys are honest they whine and talk too much and if guys never talk they are the quiet leaders of the team.

Greg was a good player and a good teammate hope he comes back one day long from now and retires with the cowboys.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Cbz40;2797786 said:
The Little Blurb......

Greg Ellis wishes Cowboys would have let him go two years ago

2:00 PM Wed, Jun 03, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon/Blogger

Greg Ellis didn't come across as bitter about the Cowboys cutting him during his appearance on "Good Morning Texas." He said he thought the decision was made primarily for financial reasons, and Ellis certainly understands that the NFL is a business.

Ellis just wishes Jerry Jones would have made this business decision immediately after the Cowboys took Anthony Spencer in the first round two years ago.

"As far as football, for the last couple of seasons, it probably would have been better for me to be on another team," Ellis said. "Not anything against the Cowboys - I love the guys, I love the Cowboys, obviously having been here so long - but it was kind of some awkward situations there."
Wow. What a wuss he is. Good freaking riddance.

Thanks for the find, cbz.

slick325

Reaction score
CATCH17;2797704 said:
Supposedly he wasn't like that around the players at all and was always nothing but helpful.

When Dallas lost to the Ravens in the Texas stadium finale Ellis was the only guy on the entire team who went out and stood during the ceremonies.

He was always a good guy and I am extremely pleased with his dedication to this team.

Even when his contract was in dispute he still played tough.

I echo your thoughts.