Video: Film Study and Ware Mic’d Up

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Film Study and Ware Mic’d Up

By dcfanatic, October 8, 2009 11:34 pm

Larry Brown says Terence Newman used poor technique on the Marshall TD...

[youtube]xS07mnVzPds[/youtube]

Good job by Jenkins to make up ground and knock that pass down. Pat Watkins. Why is he still on this team? He's never going to be a play making Safety. Can we please go get some Safeties who can make a freaking play!

Interesting that many analysts all week have not been talking about the 'grab and pull' move that Brandon Marshall used on Newman. I have said all along that it's just part of the hand fighting that goes on and I think it's up to the CB to not allow himself to be put into position where the WR can do that to him.

You can tell Miles Austin was like *** as he's heading back to the sideline after that last pass gets knocked down. The problem is that earlier in the game it seems you messed up Miles. Still wondering if Romo didn't look for him because of that earlier play.

Demarcus Ware is not 100% right now. It seems now that every game he gets dinged up in another area. And he is still being somewhat effective even though he's not piling up sacks right now.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
It isn't being talked about for a simple reason, no one wants to make the game of football look bad by pointing out a game was won by an uncalled penalty that resulted in the only touchdown drive Denver had that was over 10 yards.

You point that out, and it casts a shadow on the entire game. It's the same reason analysts will go back to look at a dropped pass or fumble four times during a broadcast, but they won't go back to look at a blown officiating call that affects the game to the same or greater degree. One is the game being played, and one is showcasing the ugly cousin of the sport that could potentially turn away casual fans.

It's the same reason many who love football HATE soccer. Soccer is so many times played to GET a bad call to go your way and it's disgusting to watch for that reason.

Marshall held Terrence. It allowed him to get open.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Jenkins is that dude. Hopefully he starts to catch those balls like Deion. Maybe I'm asking too much though.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Newman was trailing because he was being pulled by his jersey. Larry Brown needs to look a footage that is a bit closer than that. We've already went over that play. Marshall should have been flagged for offensive pass interference or holding. Not sure which would actually be the call. Probably holding since it occurred before the ball was in the air.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
dcfanatic;3001507 said:
Good job by Jenkins to make up ground and knock that pass down. Pat Watkins. Why is he still on this team? He's never going to be a play making Safety. Can we please go get some Safeties who can make a freaking play!

I am hopeful that Michael Hamlin can play that role for us. His reputation is that he is a ballhawk so once his wrist is healed up...

I'm very disappointed in Ken Hamlin this year.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;3001647 said:
It isn't being talked about for a simple reason, no one wants to make the game of football look bad by pointing out a game was won by an uncalled penalty that resulted in the only touchdown drive Denver had that was over 10 yards.

You point that out, and it casts a shadow on the entire game. It's the same reason analysts will go back to look at a dropped pass or fumble four times during a broadcast, but they won't go back to look at a blown officiating call that affects the game to the same or greater degree. One is the game being played, and one is showcasing the ugly cousin of the sport that could potentially turn away casual fans.

It's the same reason many who love football HATE soccer. Soccer is so many times played to GET a bad call to go your way and it's disgusting to watch for that reason.

Exactly. :thumbup:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;3001647 said:

Exactly, and the same reason they don't talk much bout the illegal contact when Roy got hurt. Because Champ Bailey isn't human and to suggest he could do no wrong is just out unfathomable. Crazy Cowboys went after him, what were they thinking? Even though they had some completions on him, and had several others that should have been made on him (that one play particularly where he was beat, probably for a TD).

stardeep

Fading Into Abstraction
Reaction score
In the realm of the things that the players can control: effort. Scandrick pulling up is the kind of thing that upsets me as a fan. If you really care about winning, earning your paycheck etc., you should be going full tilt on a play like that. I'm a Scandrick fan, but if I was his coach I'd kick his *** six ways to Sunday for that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
stilltheguru;3001705 said:
Jenkins is that dude. Hopefully he starts to catch those balls like Deion. Maybe I'm asking too much though.

His catch up speed is sick.