Video: Heeeeerrrreeee's Jerrrrryyyy!!! - 3/5/09

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
[youtube]ibMwijmQ5wk[/youtube]
------------------------

Attaboy Jerry!!!

And I did apologize in the vid for saying he was heading towards Al Davis territory.

Now we know what 'Romo Friendly' means...

It means sending this loud mouth on his way out the door.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry Jones insists chemistry issues didn't lead to cutting T.O.
5:23 PM Thu, Mar 05, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

In an interview with NFL Network, Jerry Jones insisted that chemistry didn't have anything to do with the Cowboys' decision to cut T.O.

"I look at this as more of a strategic move relative to personnel for the Dallas Cowboys than I do something wrong with Terrell Owens," Jerry said with a straight face.

Jerry painted T.O. as a team guy. Jason Garrett, Tony Romo and Jason Witten might not agree.

"He met every expectation that I personally had and that we expected of him," Jerry said. "Not one time have I ever asked Terrell to do something for our organization, for our team, that he didn't do. From that standpoint, I regret that we came to the decision that we did. But, still, our organization is going to move on without Terrell.

"When I look at our overall - and in this day in time, you've got to look at the makeup of your team from the cap standpoint, from a financial standpoint, you've got to look at the team from the aspects of what you're going to do with your weapons, your receivers, your running backs. When we really look at what we'd like to try to do, then we felt like this would give a couple other young receivers a shot and give Roy Williams the focus that we'd like to have."

You might recall that when the Cowboys traded for Williams, all Jerry could talk about was how exciting it would be to have the two receivers complement each other. Now we're supposed to believe that the Cowboys got rid of T.O. to make room for Williams?

"I think that there are a lot of reasons why you sign a player or you release or trade a player," said Jerry, who gave T.O. a four-year, $34 million extension last spring and lost an additional $680,000 in salary cap room by releasing him. "You take age as a consideration. You take where you are with your entire roster. You take into consideration a lot of times, especially with a position like receiver, do you want to give others more of an opportunity to develop?

"In this particular case, we have an outstanding player in Roy Williams, and it was a significant factor in the decision that I made to release Terrell."

Jerry made the right decision, even if he's not willing to admit the reasons he did it.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2672999 said:
Jerry Jones insists chemistry issues didn't lead to cutting T.O.

"I look at this as more of a strategic move relative to personnel for the Dallas Cowboys than I do something wrong with Terrell Owens"

The title is misleading. Nowhere in there did Jerry say it had nothing to do with chemistry issues, he merely said that it had more to do with strategic moves....

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
"At the end of the day..you can't have it all"

Wow Jerry is finally getting it...I'm really glad he wants our younger recievers Austin and Hurd to have a chance to develop.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
If they want to emphasize the running game and develop young receivers, cutting a 35 year old WR already beginning to decline is the right option.

bysbox1

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2672988 said:
[youtube]ibMwijmQ5wk[/youtube]
------------------------

Attaboy Jerry!!!

And I did apologize in the vid for saying he was heading towards Al Davis territory.

Now we know what 'Romo Friendly' means...

It means sending this loud mouth on his way out the door.

He is not heading towards Al Davis territory. Jerry is already there.

Now I have to look at college prospects to see who will be in the top 10 of the draft next year since that's where Dallas will be picking . . . .

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
bysbox1;2673092 said:
He is not heading towards Al Davis territory. Jerry is already there.

Now I have to look at college prospects to see who will be in the top 10 of the draft next year since that's where Dallas will be picking . . . .

Because one player makes a team right?

Good one.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
bysbox1;2673092 said:

If you don't know the college prospects, why assume we are trading up for one?

Ren

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2673048 said:
"At the end of the day..you can't have it all"

Wow Jerry is finally getting it...I'm really glad he wants our younger recievers Austin and Hurd to have a chance to develop.

I really don't think Hurd has any future here or anywhere else same with Stanback who can't even get trough a practice without injuring him self, Austin might be a keeper though we'll see. I'd love to see us draft someone as well cause our WR depth right now is about as bad as it's ever been

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Jerry should be a politician. The fibs flow like wine. That said, he has too much class to throw TO under the bus.