VIDEO: Jason Witten catch losing helmet HD

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
So I took this from the HD capture, it was an 1080i capture, but i rendered it at 960 x 540 as a h.264 mov file....should open with no problems in quicktime...

Please download the video when the link pops up in the middle, the clip in the small window that plays is not in hd....

http://www.4shared.com/file/28346748/19b71b6e/Witten_HD_Catch2.html?dirPwdVerified=f7b65129

enjoy

here are some screen caps from the video...

http://i8.***BLOCKED***/albums/a46/Theebs/Witten-HD-Catch2-4.jpg
http://i8.***BLOCKED***/albums/a46/Theebs/Witten-HD-Catch2-3.jpg

hairic

Reaction score
I want your stream.

I got bad pixelation, discoloration, and blurriness in my cap right when the helmet comes off! Sucks a bunch. At least the replays aren't messed, but I like the overhead shot.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks, Theebs. Saves me the trouble of trying to capture it somewhere.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
This play goes right up there with the Romo run from the Rams game as one of the defining images of this half season.

cowboys4life

Reaction score
thanks theebs any chance you have the radio call of the td's? or the highlight plays i wasnt able to listen if you do great if you dont have time i understand...thanks for the work you do on the vids...

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
cowboys4life;1746576 said:
thanks theebs any chance you have the radio call of the td's? or the highlight plays i wasnt able to listen if you do great if you dont have time i understand...thanks for the work you do on the vids...

Yea I am home with my son today, so I dont have a chance to do much until tonight.

I am going to be finishing my 1st half offensive highlight video and will put it up by thursday afternoon I hope. I have a ton of plays, different angles and a bunch of sham in there.

I will put up some of the audio tonight if you want it though.

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
Definetly a moment worth keeping. Thanks for the video!:bow:

I never noticed till now but Colombo ran all the way down just to see if Witten was ok. I think Colombo at that point was just looking for a reason to slap a popknot on anybody in a Eagles uniform. :starspin

superpunk

Reaction score
Thanks theebs.

If you have a chance, and can take a high-res screenshot of McNabb with those oven-mitts on, I'd appreciate seeing it. I don't have the game downloaded yet. :)

landryscorner

Reaction score
I like how Fasano, colombo, and owens gave him a quick checkover to make sure he was Ok what a team :)

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I know, I'm whining...but

It does appear that ?#21..William James? does pull Witten's helmet off. The hit jarred it loose. I don't think it was #21's intention to pull off the helmet, but b/c of where his hand was, it was the result. Should have been flagged?

Had that been Roy, I'm sure it would have been a 15-yarder and an ejection and a new rule: Defensive player cannot touch an offensive player anywhere above the ankles; dubbed "Another Roy Williams Rule":laugh2:

cowboys4life

Reaction score
theebs;1746692 said:
Yea I am home with my son today, so I dont have a chance to do much until tonight.

I am going to be finishing my 1st half offensive highlight video and will put it up by thursday afternoon I hope. I have a ton of plays, different angles and a bunch of sham in there.

I will put up some of the audio tonight if you want it though.

Hey i would appreciate the audio and i cant wait on the vids no problem..i love to hear sham's work but being im watching the dish and the radio well you know the delay doesnt work out lol...thanks again look forward to that:bow:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I love how madden gave him so much dude-love afterwords. AWESOME.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Witten is a beast, and I love the fact that he caught the ball and kept his balance and turned it into a huge play, but I think all the helmit talk is a little silly...big freakin' deal.

Does anyone think that there are other players, even WR's, who would have simply laid down or scrambled for the sidelines? No Way....I think any player, even a scrub, would have done exactly what Witten did. He was wide open and just running fast in open space until tackled by the legs from behind.

I think just about anyone would have done the same thing. It's not like he put his bare head down and plowed through some guy for a first down or touch down.

Great play was what he did overall....the whole running towards the goal line alone with no helmit on doesn't seem like such a big deal to me as the play itself was.

Am I wrong here? Does anyone think that most other NFL players would have gone into the fetal position?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
wayne motley;1747208 said:
Witten is a beast, and I love the fact that he caught the ball and kept his balance and turned it into a huge play, but I think all the helmit talk is a little silly...big freakin' deal.

Does anyone think that there are other players, even WR's, who would have simply laid down or scrambled for the sidelines? No Way....I think any player, even a scrub, would have done exactly what Witten did. He was wide open and just running fast in open space until tackled by the legs from behind.

I think just about anyone would have done the same thing. It's not like he put his bare head down and plowed through some guy for a first down or touch down.

Great play was what he did overall....the whole running towards the goal line alone with no helmit on doesn't seem like such a big deal to me as the play itself was.

Am I wrong here? Does anyone think that most other NFL players would have gone into the fetal position?

You aren't alone, I agree and thats what I thought almost immediately. I have trouble seeing an NFL player head to the sidelines becuase they lost their helmet.

This isn't a knock on Witten, it was a great play.

I think it serves as a metaphor for the toughness of the league in general...except DeAngelo Hall.