Video: NFL Live talks Cowboys/T.O. - 12/12/08

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
[youtube]Hf8VjHQSFM0[/youtube]
-----------------------------------------

Pretty happy that Brandon Jacobs is not playing Sunday night.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Okay, I'm getting pissed off. Now, I can't see this video either! :mad:

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Although I think Werder's story has some veracity, I'm bothered that he continues to misrepresent the nature of the meetings between Garrett and the receivers. Once again, Werder omits the inconvenient fact that Garrett, not the receivers, called those meetings.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2485782 said:
Although I think Werder's story has some veracity, I'm bothered that he continues to misrepresent the nature of the meetings between Garrett and the receivers. Once again, Werder omits the inconvenient fact that Garrett, not the receivers, called those meetings.

I am wondering about those meetings.

I thought the players went to Ray Sherman first and then to Garrett.

I am not sure Garrett called the meeting, but he did tell them there was an open door policy while going thru the game film on Monday with the offense.

Let's just hope some good comes from the meetings.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast;2485751 said:
Okay, I'm getting pissed off. Now, I can't see this video either! :mad:

I blocked you...

LOL.

I am just about done getting up the NFC Playbook vid so get it working bro!

:laugh1:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dcfanatic;2485838 said:
I blocked you...

LOL.

I am just about done getting up the NFC Playbook vid so get it working bro!

:laugh1:
I'll catch up at home. The hospital where I'm at has a firewall that's restricted streaming video access. Damn *****. :D

tyke1doe

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2485782 said:

Why is that important?

The issue is the concern, not who called the meeting. And I would assume that Garrett heard about the concerns, which is what prompted the meeting.

That's really not a big deal in the overall scheme, unless Garrett knew of the concerns first and called the meeting to head off problems. But does that really make any sense sequentially?

T.O. and the other receivers would first have to acknowledge the problem somehow, someway causing Garrett to act.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2485848 said:
Why is that important?

The issue is the concern, not who called the meeting. And I would assume that Garrett heard about the concerns, which is what prompted the meeting.

That's really not a big deal in the overall scheme, unless Garrett knew of the concerns first and called the meeting to head off problems. But does that really make any sense sequentially?

T.O. and the other receivers would first have to acknowledge the problem somehow, someway causing Garrett to act.

Why is it ever important to present all the facts? Is there something to gain by omitting certain facts?

Even if the identity of the person who called the meeting is irrelevant, journalists still have a responsibility to provide as complete an account as possible.

If Werder wishes to be respected and treated like a journalist, he should conduct himself as one.