Video: NFL Live talks Roy/Cowboys defense

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
[youtube]qSVp9L8l9xo[/youtube]
--------------------------

Good stuff on the Cowboys defensive backs.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dcfanatic;3058832 said:
[youtube]qSVp9L8l9xo[/youtube]
--------------------------

Good stuff on the Cowboys defensive backs.
You're right. It's a great breakdown of the trap defense. I was just about to upload the same video up to youtube. You're the man, dcfanatic. ;)

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast;3058838 said:
You're right. It's a great breakdown of the trap defense. I was just about to upload the same video up to youtube. You're the man, dcfanatic. ;)

I love that this defense is bringing the wood!!!

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
I think the biggest difference this season isn't as much the play of the CB's but more the trust that when they pass off the receiver to the safety, the safety (Sensabaugh) is actually gonna be there. In the past that wasn't always the case. Or when the safety was there, he couldn't hang with the receiver...

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Gawd, Werder is such a tool. I'm not one of those that bashes everyone in the media, but he's so much more over the top than anyone else. Of course he's only giving his bosses what they want, but still.

And maybe I'm missing something because Bruschi knows more than I do, but that so-called trap coverage can happen any time you're playing cover two or a zone and the offense thinks it's man. Of course you can't fool them if you don't make it look like man and play a lot of man to start with.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
The Werder piece was a joke, just trying to stir things up.

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
For those who criticize Hamlin every chance you get, the trap coverage shows how much responsibility is actually placed on him in coverage. If you don't trust your safety, you don't even attempt that. I mean, once the WR gets past the corner, he can stay on the sidelines, run an in route, run a double move and go deep etc. And Hamlin or Sensabaugh is gonna be responsible for the rest of the field.

That should lay to rest the question of our FS being a liability. A playmaker or sound tackler he's not, a liability he's not either.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
They kind of put a bright light on Williams' troubles though didn't they. I didn't realize how bad his drops were. True, Tony has missed some but that was eight passes in his hands that Roy missed. Yikes.

burmafrd

Reaction score
and twice as many behind him or over his head or at his feet. Its on both of them.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
burmafrd;3059584 said:
and twice as many behind him or over his head or at his feet. Its on both of them.

I agree and the only way to resolve it is by those 2 putting in the extra time and they are doing that. When will it start to payoff is anyones guess but I do think it will these 2 will get it together.

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
starfrombirth;3059547 said:
They kind of put a bright light on Williams' troubles though didn't they. I didn't realize how bad his drops were. True, Tony has missed some but that was eight passes in his hands that Roy missed. Yikes.

He has 3 true drops on the season, 2 coming in his first game back against the Seahawks. All those other drops are a result of dishonest analysis.