Video: NFL Network "coaches" show

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Good vid. As much heat as we get when we lose, I'm gonna soak up all of this praise when we win. :)

I didn't notice on that Ware strip sack that Spencer basically beat two people -- both backs -- and was right there for the sack if Ware hadn't knocked the ball out first. Not bad.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3041927 said:
Good vid. As much heat as we get when we lose, I'm gonna soak up all of this praise when we win. :)

Damn right, I agree there.

Spence is comin around. Gettin better every game. I sure hope they can match the same emotion, focus and hunger that they did against Atlanta this Sunday. Sure could use another great Monday like this past one.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
thanks for the vid dbair.

seeing ware get triple teamed and still make a play is pretty amazing.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

I didn't notice on that Ware strip sack that Spencer basically beat two people -- both backs -- and was right there for the sack if Ware hadn't knocked the ball out first. Not bad.

Spencer is definitely getting close. But the first Cowboy defender on Ryan (after Ware's strip) was Bowen. It was a split second difference, but kudos to Bowen (and Spears for their consistent pressure).

Spencer gets on the stat sheet w/a FR tho.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Forget the NFL rankings, this Cowboys D is so very, very close to being a dominant unit.

Clean up the pre-snap penalties, pin your ears back and go.

I've not seen a pass rush this quick off the snap in Dallas in a long, long time. And it's not just Ware- it's Ratliff, Spencer, Igor, Butler, James, Brooking, Ocatvien etc. All of them have that fuel to pillage QB's.

I'm telling you what, I would not want to face that rush for 4Qtrs of football if I'm Brady, Manning or whoever.

What's interesting to note, this fire was lit in KC after the team trailed by 10. That's why every game is important AND a big game. You find out about a team's fortitude and will to win when the chips are down and carry that momentum forward with success breeding success.

This Cowboy unit believes it IS very very good right now, and I think we're on the verge of a becoming a vice-like defense with very few weaknesses to exploit over a 60 min. ballgame.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
mmohican29;3042428 said:
Forget the NFL rankings, this Cowboys D is so very, very close to being a dominant unit.

Clean up the pre-snap penalties, pin your ears back and go.

I've not seen a pass rush this quick off the snap in Dallas in a long, long time. And it's not just Ware- it's Ratliff, Spencer, Igor, Butler, James, Brooking, Ocatvien etc. All of them have that fuel to pillage QB's.

I'm telling you what, I would not want to face that rush for 4Qtrs of football if I'm Brady, Manning or whoever.

What's interesting to note, this fire was lit in KC after the team trailed by 10. That's why every game is important AND a big game. You find out about a team's fortitude and will to win when the chips are down and carry that momentum forward with success breeding success.

This Cowboy unit believes it IS very very good right now, and I think we're on the verge of a becoming a vice-like defense with very few weaknesses to exploit over a 60 min. ballgame.

relax man. We have three huge challenges coming up. Seattle presents the same challenges offensively to us that atlanta did, they have a healthy hassleback a couple of good wr and an excellent tight end.

then philly and gb. lets just see how we come through that.

I hope we maul the hawks and score a bunch of points early forcing them to abandon the run.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score

I've seen Spencer about 7 times be .3 seconds away from sacking the QB. He's so close.

kramskoi

Reaction score
theebs;3042489 said:
relax man. We have three huge challenges coming up. Seattle presents the same challenges offensively to us that atlanta did, they have a healthy hassleback a couple of good wr and an excellent tight end.

then philly and gb. lets just see how we come through that.

I hope we maul the hawks and score a bunch of points early forcing them to abandon the run.

...i'm not so much worried about Seattle because of their offensive line which is in flux right now and without Walter Jones...Tatupu is also out on the defensive side of the ball as well...these are two HUGE minuses for Seattle, especially with a hobbled Hasselbeck...

...i'm more worried about Philadelphia and the DeSean Jackson/Westbrook tandem...

...curiously, the next three teams all have line protection issues right now...particularly Green Bay, where Rodgers is on pace for ~66 sacks this year...if he survives...

...Dallas needs one of those two road games...preferably both but i'd take a beat-down of Philadelphia at the Linc [circa 2007] and call it a day...