VIDEO of Austin burning T. Williams. There is no PI.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
To be honest, I'm not sure how anyone could deduce anything from that video. It's like watching a game through a waterfall.

hendog

Reaction score
tomson75;2278822 said:
To be honest, I'm not sure how anyone could deduce anything from that video. It's like watching a game through a waterfall.

It's pretty clear in the last 8 seconds of that vid that he doesn't push off.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2278828 said:
Who said there was pass interference on that play?

I believe the announcers talked about it. Not that it should have been called, but that it maybe could have been. I know Commanders fans are talking about it over here, especially after Devin Thomas got a couple of PIs last game.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2278828 said:
Who said there was pass interference on that play?

Williams, the defensive back, swears to it. :LOL

If by pass interference, Williams means a total inability to track the flight of the ball in the air, I totally agree with him. :laugh2:

Don Corleone

Reaction score
TtownCowboy;2278838 said:
Wonder what Tony was jawing at the ref about on the way down the field?

Probably something about the intentional grounding penalty he got on the play before.

It was 3rd and 20 when Austin caught that ball. I'm sure Tony told the ref, "Now you see what you made me do! I had to throw that ball a ton!"

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Romo is just plain awesome.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
TtownCowboy;2278838 said:
Wonder what Tony was jawing at the ref about on the way down the field?

I wondered about that too during the game. It would be funny if he was telling the ref "ain't that sumthin? I was just trying to intentionally ground the ball again!".

Don Corleone

Reaction score
LeonDixson;2278853 said:
I wondered about that too during the game. It would be funny if he was telling the ref "ain't that sumthin? I was just trying to intentionally ground the ball again!".

:laugh2: I'm sure he was definitely talking trash with the ref.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
That play was covered about as good as possible. It was just a great throw and great catch.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2278857 said:
:laugh2: I'm sure he was definitely talking trash with the ref.

yup I figure he was telling the ref, "see karma knows that wasn't grounding, loser".

Nexx

Reaction score
awesome play by miles. he's running 3/4 speed using his body to shield off the defender without interfering then accelerating at the last second to snatch the ball out of the air. nice job miles!

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
all Austin did was slip out of Tramon's grasp, they both had their arms locked, Austin just pulled out his arm and burst forwards

Temo

Reaction score
I know what Williams was talking about: Austin talked about it after the game.

Austin "stacked" the two defenders behind him by slowing down and "boxing" them out like a basketball player would on a rebound. Then, he bursted out quickly to grab the ball, effectively creating seperation by using his body. The DB was under the impression that this is OPI.

Unfortunately for him, since all Austin did was slow down (and he's entitled to his "space" in the field), that is not OPI according to the rules. Also, very hard to discern for the refs what's exactly happening.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Temo;2279013 said:
Also, very hard to discern for the refs what's exactly happening.

Well, if you ask me, the refs have a hard time discerning everything these days.