Video: (Old) Dwayne Goodrich breaks down in court

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sometimes when bad stuff happens...there is a tiny bit of silver lining in the cloud for the offender. In this case, when the guy forgave him that helped Goodrich start the healing process...

Count your blessings every day...you never know what is around the corner.

:star:

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5Stars;1532789 said:
Sometimes when bad stuff happens...there is a tiny bit of silver lining in the cloud for the offender. In this case, when the guy forgave him that helped Goodrich start the healing process...

So true. A lot of people have been really hard on Goodrich. Even I was disgusted with him. But after seeing that, it makes me realize what he's going through. It's easy to look at it from the standpoint of the victims and their family members, but Goodrich and his family are also suffering. Of course, it was his fault, but when you put yourself in his shoes, it changes the perspective.

TEK2000

Reaction score
I always felt bad for Goodrich... as well as feeling just awful for the 2 guys on the worst end of that accident.

How many of us have all done something incredibly stupid and escaped any real serious incident from it? I know I have been lucky a number of times.

DBoys

Reaction score
The emotion shows a lot and I know he will be alright in the end.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1532948 said:
So how much time did Goodrich get sentenced to?

January 9, 2006 DALLAS -- A judge sentenced former Dallas Cowboy Dwayne Goodrich on Monday to an additional five years in prison for failure to stop and render aid.

The time will be added to the 7½ years Goodrich is already serving for criminally negligent homicide in the same accident that left two dead in January 2003.

Prosecutors said Goodrich's car hit two men as they were pulling another man from a burning vehicle along a busy Dallas interstate.

Killed were 23-year-old Demont Matthews and 21-year-old Joby Wood. A third man, Shuki Josef, was also injured but survived. He may lose his leg.

"May God be with you ... I forgive you," said Josef while walking from the stand toward Goodrich and shaking his hand. Goodrich embraced the victim and cried.

Goodrich will serve three five-year concurrent terms after he finishes his current sentence.

Tra_Col99

Reaction score
Big Dakota;1532996 said:
January 9, 2006 DALLAS -- A judge sentenced former Dallas Cowboy Dwayne Goodrich on Monday to an additional five years in prison for failure to stop and render aid.

The time will be added to the 7½ years Goodrich is already serving for criminally negligent homicide in the same accident that left two dead in January 2003.

Prosecutors said Goodrich's car hit two men as they were pulling another man from a burning vehicle along a busy Dallas interstate.

Killed were 23-year-old Demont Matthews and 21-year-old Joby Wood. A third man, Shuki Josef, was also injured but survived. He may lose his leg.

"May God be with you ... I forgive you," said Josef while walking from the stand toward Goodrich and shaking his hand. Goodrich embraced the victim and cried.

Goodrich will serve three five-year concurrent terms after he finishes his current sentence.

This doesnt really make sense. The first sentence in the report is that he will serve 5 years on top of the 7 and a half he is already serving. Then in the last sentence it says he will serve three five-year concurrent terms...that comes out to 15 years. Kinda confused about that. :confused:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Tra_Col99;1533161 said:
This doesnt really make sense. The first sentence in the report is that he will serve 5 years on top of the 7 and a half he is already serving. Then in the last sentence it says he will serve three five-year concurrent terms...that comes out to 15 years. Kinda confused about that. :confused:

no, it isn't. concurrent means they will run at the same time.
thus only 5 additional years.

with the various good behavior clauses and whatnot who knows exactly how long Goodrich will be in prison.

it is a nightmare for all involved. as was our drafting him. god bless him from here on out tho, he has certainly seen hard times.

Reaction score
I don't see how or why he didn't stop at the scene. However, at least he showed some remorse in the courtroom, he'll probably serve 5 years and get out on good behavior.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
5Stars;1532789 said:

Great post. So so true.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Goldenrichards83;1533228 said:
Great post. So so true.
Awesome sig, Golden.

And yeah, I hope Goodrich comes out of this as a stronger person and a better man.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1533168 said:
I don't see how or why he didn't stop at the scene. However, at least he showed some remorse in the courtroom, he'll probably serve 5 years and get out on good behavior.

I think he was driving drunk......

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
DCBoysfan;1533309 said:
I think he was driving drunk......

Actually... if I remember correctly, he passed a sobriety test, but he was coming from a strip club I think...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I hate that he is having to go through this but in the end he got what he deserved.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
trickblue;1533314 said:
Actually... if I remember correctly, he passed a sobriety test, but he was coming from a strip club I think...

I think by the time they found out he was involved it was hours later, if i remembr correctly.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;1532774 said:
This was back in January and it might even be a repost, but it's worth reposting. This is the first time I've seen any emotion from Goodrich since the incident.

http://www.nbc5i.com/video/5979643/index.html?taf=dfw

Poor guy. I bet he broke down like this seconds after he hit the "debris" on the road and then broke down again when he got home and then decided to go back because maybe it was not "debris" that he hit while going 80-100 mph after being at a strip club.
I always drive that fast coming home from strip clubs and rarely stop when I hit "debris." Already i am getting weepy.:(