Video: Playbook looks back at Cowboys vs Broncos

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Playbook looks back at Cowboys vs Broncos

By dcfanatic, October 7, 2009 7:46 pm

Playbook breaks down some key plays from the game...

[youtube]h6toBTpL7ag[/youtube]

Hate to single out a guy, but it looked to me from the end zone angle (about the 6:13 mark on) that if Igor Olshansky keeps running full steam that Marshall would be right in his cross hairs for a killer hit as he's doubling back over to that side of the field.

Bradie James is slow. He is not an athletic LB at all. All he did on that play was get in the way in the open field. If that was rookie Jason Williams I think he would run down Marshall. Not getting on Bradie because he's a very good player, but in the open field he's toast most of the time.

Man I wish Sam Hurd had blazing speed. I also wish the Eagles had decided to keep Brian Dawkins. That guy just hunted down Hurd on that play. How come the Cowboys don't have any guys playing Safety who can hunt down a player like that?

zack

Reaction score
One thing I noticed on the last two plays was how bad of a route was ran on both occasions. Hurd made it real easy for Champ Bailey to defend that route. He gave him no outside push and then he didn't come flat enough on the route. If there was a more experienced receiver in this position, I really think that we would have tied the game.

From those views, Tony really didn't get any help from his receiver due to the poor route that was run. Just my opinion, but the tape doesn't lie. :starspin

rags747

Reaction score
Agree 100% zack. I like Hurd but his route was useless. He needed to take a few steps and cut it hard on the slant. What he did basically was eat up all of the cushion between him and Bailey and then he made his cut...much too late as Bailey is a much quicker athelete.

If he would have left the cushion and then made his cut there is no way that Bailey could have jumped that route. Only hope that Romo can survive this mess right now as he's taking all of the hits.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2999092 said:
Playbook looks back at Cowboys vs Broncos

By dcfanatic, October 7, 2009 7:46 pm

Playbook breaks down some key plays from the game...

Hate to single out a guy, but it looked to me from the end zone angle (about the 6:13 mark on) that if Igor Olshansky keeps running full steam that Marshall would be right in his cross hairs for a killer hit as he's doubling back over to that side of the field.

Bradie James is slow. He is not an athletic LB at all. All he did on that play was get in the way in the open field. If that was rookie Jason Williams I think he would run down Marshall. Not getting on Bradie because he's a very good player, but in the open field he's toast most of the time.

Man I wish Sam Hurd had blazing speed. I also wish the Eagles had decided to keep Brian Dawkins. That guy just hunted down Hurd on that play. How come the Cowboys don't have any guys playing Safety who can hunt down a player like that?

Good work, DCF as usual.

Dawkins got hurd because he was running diagonal and hurd had to run lateral shake off couple of defenders and then head up , Not our day I guess. Even when dawkins tackles hurd he falls across the line , the clock continues ticking which burned a time out. Seems that bad/no calls happen to us during bad times.
:bang2:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Oh to be a fly on the wall.

235-616-iioi.JPG

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
bbgun;2999174 said:
Oh to be a fly on the wall.

235-616-iioi.JPG

Hey!! Where'd Biggs get the 'NFL on FOX' head band? I must have one.........