Video: Skippy weighs in on Roy Williams

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Skippy weighs in on Roy Williams

By dcfanatic,

Here's Herm Edwards and Skipster talking about Roy's recent comments...

[youtube]qq6T_mIvRWM[/youtube]

Who else is annoyed that they agree 100% with everything that Skip just said?

And if Romo and Garrett start forcing the ball to Roy now I am gonna flip the **** out.

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
I feel like any game now is going to be the one where they start feeling the pressure to force it to him. With all of that garbage about wanting to get a few more series in last week, it seemed like that's what they were trying to do.

newlander

Reaction score
...good points guys...and we're playing the ONE team this week you DON'T WANT TO FORCE THE BALL TO.....as yogi berra use to say: seems like deja vu all over again.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm really not worried that Romo will start forcing the balls to Williams. Last week Tony hit 10 different guys I expect he will continue to make his reads and go to the target he feels will be best to attack that defensive look. No doubt he will make some throws to RW but no I don't think starts forcing throws.

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3058150 said:
I'm really not worried that Romo will start forcing the balls to Williams. Last week Tony hit 10 different guys I expect he will continue to make his reads and go to the target he feels will be best to attack that defensive look. No doubt he will make some throws to RW but no I don't think starts forcing throws.

Did the Cowboys not start forcing the ball to Terrell Owens last year after spreading it around early?

As someone said earlier, this is deja-vu. As soon as this team gets any kind of momentum, something comes along to damper the mood. This isn't going away until Roy Williams has a big game and that may be never because he's a scrub.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Monster Heel;3058156 said:
Did the Cowboys not start forcing the ball to Terrell Owens last year after spreading it around early?

As someone said earlier, this is deja-vu. As soon as this team gets any kind of momentum, something comes along to damper the mood. This isn't going away until Roy Williams has a big game and that may be never because he's a scrub.

No the 2 main targets were Witten and TO from the start to the finish. We were not seeing as many players involved as we are right now. We are also running the ball more than we did last season. I think Romo will continue to make his reads and go where the play takes him. Sometimes that will be Williams. RW is not asking for more balls coming to him he and Romo both want to be on the same page and have the balls placed where RW can do something with it

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Just when we're starting to focus on football, we have this crap.

That being said, I dont think it's going to take away our focus from Philly. This is a non issue IMO

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Monster Heel;3058156 said:

it does not help when you have an owner who cannot shut his hole to save his life. I COMPLETLY agree with you that this team cannot just enjoy winning...but it STARTS at the the TOP. Jerry was on the radio earlier this week making noise about Roy STILL being the #1 WR on the team. Believe me when I tell you him making that statement is nothing more than him defending his record as a GM. And therein lies the problem with him being the GM and ALWAYS running his mouth. He will go any lengths necessary to portray HIMSELF favorbly. There is really nothing to talk about other than a 3 game winning streak and Philly. Do you know who the #1 WR is? The guy that is OPEN when Romo drops back to pass. Last week that was 10 different people. That is how Jerry should answer that question. But he cannot answer a question like that because it DE-EMPHASIZES a TEAM approach and his main objective is to EMPHASIZE HIS wisdom as the GM who gave up draft picks/money for Roy to be the #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;3058191 said:
Just when we're starting to focus on football, we have this crap.

That being said, I dont think it's going to take away our focus from Philly. This is a non issue IMO

How can this be crap and a non issue?

I don't think it can be. This is another one of those distractions that this already fragile team doesn't need to be dealing with.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3058198 said:
Is it both?

To me, it is both. I'm sick of hearing about this so called drama out of Dallas. It's always something.

At the same time, Romo is right. This story that the media is presenting isn't going to tear the taem apart or hurt the Cowboys performance on the field.

So yes, it's both to me.

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3058182 said:
No the 2 main targets were Witten and TO from the start to the finish. We were not seeing as many players involved as we are right now. We are also running the ball more than we did last season. I think Romo will continue to make his reads and go where the play takes him. Sometimes that will be Williams. RW is not asking for more balls coming to him he and Romo both want to be on the same page and have the balls placed where RW can do something with it

When RW's running reverses and Romo's trying to squeeze the ball into him, don't say you weren't told.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Monster Heel;3058202 said:
How can this be crap and a non issue?

I don't think it can be. This is another one of those distractions that this already fragile team doesn't need to be dealing with.

Have you not noticed? We ain't fragile no more.

Brooking is spreading the word.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Monster Heel;3058205 said:
When RW's running reverses and Romo's trying to squeeze the ball into him, don't say you weren't told.

And if your wrong you will not say anything correct? Roy and Tony putting in work does not mean he will all of a sudden force balls to Roy. If you haven't noticed they are pretty far apart on many of the throws. Roy has said he is not looking for more passes he just want to have better timing with Romo which currently they are lacking.

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
I'd so like to be wrong. What do you want me to do if I am wrong? What kind of grandstand do you expect?

History shows that the negative slant when it comes to this group of Cowboys is pretty much going to be the right one though.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
bbailey423;3058193 said:
it does not help when you have an owner who cannot shut his hole to save his life. I COMPLETLY agree with you that this team cannot just enjoy winning...but it STARTS at the the TOP. Jerry was on the radio earlier this week making noise about Roy STILL being the #1 WR on the team. Believe me when I tell you him making that statement is nothing more than him defending his record as a GM. And therein lies the problem with him being the GM and ALWAYS running his mouth. He will go any lengths necessary to portray HIMSELF favorbly. There is really nothing to talk about other than a 3 game winning streak and Philly. Do you know who the #1 WR is? The guy that is OPEN when Romo drops back to pass. Last week that was 10 different people. That is how Jerry should answer that question. But he cannot answer a question like that because it DE-EMPHASIZES a TEAM approach and his main objective is to EMPHASIZE HIS wisdom as the GM who gave up draft picks/money for Roy to be the #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was thread a long time ago about WRs and how important a #1 WR was. I made an argument about Tom Brady and that he never really had a #1 WR when he won Super Bowls. The reason he didn't need one was because Brady used this exact same philosophy. The OPEN guy IS the #1 WR. That's how you win Championships with guys like Deion Branch (who has been nothing short of a bust since parting ways with Brady and Co.)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Monster Heel;3058237 said:
I'd so like to be wrong. What do you want me to do if I am wrong? What kind of grandstand do you expect?

History shows that the negative slant when it comes to this group of Cowboys is pretty much going to be the right one though.

What history is that you have not been a fan that long you yourself claimed that before. So what history? Last season. Please stop the non sense or go find another team to pull for you act is old you B**** and moan about everything out there. Oh if Dallas loses this sunday I'm done for the season. For goodness sake grow a pair

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3058249 said:
What history is that you have not been a fan that long you yourself claimed that before. So what history? Last season. Please stop the non sense or go find another team to pull for you act is old you B**** and moan about everything out there. Oh if Dallas loses this sunday I'm done for the season. For goodness sake grow a pair

When have I claimed I haven't been a fan that long? Because I'm not 40 years old, I can't have an opinion?

Randy White

Reaction score
dcfanatic;3058128 said:
Skippy weighs in on Roy Williams

By dcfanatic,

Here's Herm Edwards and Skipster talking about Roy's recent comments...

[youtube]qq6T_mIvRWM[/youtube]

Who else is annoyed that they agree 100% with everything that Skip just said?

Not me. However, my question is:

Quote from that same interview yesterday:

" Definitely makes it easier see all those guys coming through for us. It's a great offense. I can pout and be mad and not participate, but I'm still out there run blocking, trying to screen the runners and all that stuff... it's fun, it's fun to watch this offense go "... Roy Williams.

at 7:20 mark.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multime...7A486BF19A6C90

Which one of those four MORONS on that video is going to apologize first ?