Video:Tank and Plax talk Cowboys vs Giants - 10/30/08

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
[youtube]WMDEeHn_5IM[/youtube]
----------------------------------------------

Tank and co. need to step their game up and stuff Jacobs in the backfield a few times this Sunday.

Plax is a moron. He gets fined and suspended and then looks at it like a vacation.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The defensive line stepped up against the Buccaneers. Now they need to keep doing it each week. If Spears and Canty will continue pressing their blockers on the ends and Ratliff/Johnson keep wedging up the middle, the linebackers are fully capable of shutting down Jacobs & Co. If the defensive line can throw the Giants' offensive lineman off their assignments from time-to-time by shooting their gaps, there should be a few opportunities to stuff their running backs in the backfield, but everything starts with how will our down lineman bring it on every snap.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast;2387238 said:
The defensive line stepped up against the Buccaneers. Now they need to keep doing it each week. If Spears and Canty will continue pressing their blockers on the ends and Ratliff/Johnson keep wedging up the middle, the linebackers are fully capable of shutting down Jacobs & Co. If the defensive line can throw the Giants' offensive lineman off their assignments from time-to-time by shooting their gaps, there should be a few opportunities to stuff their running backs in the backfield, but everything starts with how will our down lineman bring it on every snap.

I also think we see more middle blitzes from Bradie and Zach this week because Kevin Boss stinks and the Cowboys should be afraid to cover him up with a LB on first and second down. I was so happy to see them let go of Shockey.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dcfanatic;2387272 said:
I also think we see more middle blitzes from Bradie and Zach this week because Kevin Boss stinks and the Cowboys should be afraid to cover him up with a LB on first and second down. I was so happy to see them let go of Shockey.
I was glad to see Phillips and Stewart involve James more often. It's well overdue, but I have long thought that Thomas should've been involved on blitzes up the gut much sooner.

You're not the only one glad that Shockey's in New Orleans. He had plenty of big games against us over the years. Still, Boss has been a nice, but solid player for Shockey since he got injured last season.