Video: Total Access talks Cowboys - 10/22/08

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
[youtube]na9oW2X-TZk[/youtube]
-------------------------------------

Maybe Roy E is right. At least we aren't the Lions, lol.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I think the coaches are over confident. Evidently, they don't respect the "lower" teams enough, and it shows in their strategy and play calling.

Just look at the teams we have played:

Cleveland (playoff team; 10-6)
Philadelphia (beat us at home last year)
Green Bay (13-3)

In all three of those games, the offense played well, and Garrett did a very good job. Phillips had great gameplans on defense in Cleveland and Green Bay. The team looked ready to play, and they played hard or well.

Now, look at these teams:

Washington (a playoff team)
Bengals (losing record)
Arizona (winning record)
Rams (losing record)

All the games were struggles. Who was talking about these teams before the year? I thought the defense played well enough to win at Arizona, and the gameplan was very good. The pressure was strong on Warner.

I think Dallas definately didn't take Washington serious enough. I think Dallas played down to the "pecking order" of the division. After all, Washington was picked last.

I think this team was over confident going into that playoff game with the Giants last year, and they didn't learn their lesson. At least, some didn't learn it.

This falls on the coaches. Dallas isn't good enough to play straight up on everyone. They played straight up against Washington and got beat. Forcing the ball to Owens all day and ditching the run is on Garrett. Felix Jones gets zero touches. That was real smart. In my opinion, Garrett and Romo were too hard headed. They didn't give Springs credit for his play that day. They just thought they could burn him all day, like last year in Dallas. They didn't adjust or play it smart. That is over confidence.

Why does everyone else's big time WR get open all day and ours gets shut down every game lately. I think Garrett needs to realize that Owens isn't Micheal Irvin. Get him free against all the teams. Use your stuff. Don't save it.