Video: Wade not so ‘giddy’ about Miles today

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Wade not so ‘giddy’ about Miles today

By dcfanatic,

Yesterday when I heard Wade Phillips going gaga over Miles Austin I was worried that he now expects #19 to come up with a 10 catch, 250 yard performance every week.

But today Wade seemed a little more controlled when speaking about Austin and his role in the offense as the season progresses...

http://dcfanatic.thedallascowboyshow.com/2009/10/13/wade-not-so-giddy-about-miles-today/

Going to be very interesting to see if the Cowboys start using more 3 WR sets now and go away from the two TE sets now that Miles had a huge game.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I think we'll be more in rhythm/dangerous in 3WR sets. Martellus Bennett hasn't done enough to still warrant the 2 TE set. And if we are going 2 TEs, I'd rather see Phillips in there to block at this point.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I wonder if Miles Austin would've had a breakout season if he indeed went to the Jets?

Good thing we will never know.

Bluefin

Reaction score
casmith07;3014708 said:
Martellus Bennett hasn't done enough to still warrant the 2 TE set. And if we are going 2 TEs, I'd rather see Phillips in there to block at this point.

John Phillips isn't as good as Martellus Bennett blocking or receiving.

Tellus may have some "mental" busts on the field, but he's also been open on several plays and Tony Romo just doesn't look for him.

Fans are frustrated waiting for the passing stats to come and so is Bennett.

Roy Williams is in the same boat.

The quarterback doesn't trust them yet and prefers to go elsewhere with the football.

Tellus is a big time talent, he just needs to keep his head up, keep working and sooner or later his number will get called.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
dcfanatic;3014584 said:
Going to be very interesting to see if the Cowboys start using more 3 WR sets now and go away from the two TE sets now that Miles had a huge game.

Why not go with the 2 TE sets and just make Miles a starter?

YAKUZA

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;3014744 said:

YAKUZA
cause the DC and Coach Jones don't want to hurt anybody's feelings.

lockster

Reaction score
Bluefin;3014736 said:

Tellus may have some "mental" busts on the field, but he's also been open on several plays and Tony Romo just doesn't look for him.

The quarterback doesn't trust them yet and prefers to go elsewhere with the football.

Tellus is a big time talent, he just needs to keep his head up, keep working and sooner or later his number will get called.

Seems to me that Martellus has been gone to plenty, early on, and R. Williams. If they'd stop dropping balls and running better routes then they might get a few more balls. However, on a couple of those thrown to Martellus, I'm not sure if it was he or Romo at fault, maybe both.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Bluefin;3014736 said:

You've said it yourself. Tony Romo doesn't trust Marty B and why would he? Bennett's done poor just about every little chance he's gotten. I'm not saying he doesn't have talent, but he's just not the smartest guy in the world. But then again, he IS an Aggie...:laugh2:hook em horns ;)

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;3014744 said:

YAKUZA

Who do you think Romo has more faith in right now: Marty B or Crayton?

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Bennett's done great just about every little chance he's gotten. I'm saying he has a lot talent, and he's about smartest guy in the world. But WHORNS are PISSED he signed w/ A&M and they just can't get over it.:laugh2: ;) **

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Good find on the video. This isn't the first Fox Sports vid Wade has been in... Is this a weekly thing? Does he know Billick somehow? I can't think of a connection the two would have...

But anyway, it almost seems like they expected Miles to break out since camp and now that he's done it, they finally have the evidence they needed to start him.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
8FOR!3;3014768 said:
You've said it yourself. Tony Romo doesn't trust Marty B and why would he? Bennett's done poor just about every little chance he's gotten. I'm not saying he doesn't have talent, but he's just not the smartest guy in the world. But then again, he IS an Aggie...:laugh2:hook em horns ;)

huh? what the hell?

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
dcfanatic;3014584 said:
Wade not so ‘giddy’ about Miles today

By dcfanatic,

Yesterday when I heard Wade Phillips going gaga over Miles Austin I was worried that he now expects #19 to come up with a 10 catch, 250 yard performance every week.

But today Wade seemed a little more controlled when speaking about Austin and his role in the offense as the season progresses...

http://dcfanatic.thedallascowboyshow.com/2009/10/13/wade-not-so-giddy-about-miles-today/

Ok, maybe I am missing something here, but Wade said the same stuff yesterday. He is saying Miles will play a lot, which is what he said in PC yesterday.

And as usual we got people overreacting about feelings being hurt etc. Can we at least wait till next game to see what happens before overreacting? :eek: