Video: What about before Free entered the game?

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
[youtube]YlqZ_vLNiOk[/youtube]

A few days ago I posted the video of the plays from when Doug Free entered the playoff game against the Vikings and it was enjoyed by many.

So I figured I would give you the video of Flozell Adams playing LT in that game as well.

The offense just kept getting in their own way. Each of these drives was moving the ball and then a screw up would just put Romo in a no win situation. It's all about execution.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep. Execution is the key. At least the Cowboys know they can move the ball against Minny or anybody else. They just need to find a way to cash it in more often when they get the chance.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i think the big key is this DC;

when a player like columbo who we all love, is getting beat like he was in the minny game, columbo has to swallow his pride and let someone like doug free who was playing good while columbo was hurt and come in and play

another key is, either us fans or coaching staff has to challenge bigg leonard davis to lose a little weight, really come in, in great shape, study film alot and be ready to really play in the big games. Also, gurode must be pushed to in these big games in playoffs to be ready too.

I dont know if our offensive line coach Houck has to push them, or wade, or jason garrett, but someone must push these offensive linemen in these big playoff type games

the offensive line did this same thing in 2007 in playoffs against the giants, and now in minny playoff game, someone has to step up and chew on them to be ready, and really want to play, and if they have to swallow their pride if someone is playing poorly, that player must come out and another player come in

rathalarge

Reaction score
I wonder if the double TE set would have helped more... slipping Martellus Bennett or John Phillips out into delayed TE screens? This may have slowed the rush down? Anyway, what a great season, and I am looking forward to this season.

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
Felix was killing them too. :( The OL was a comedy of errors all year. (At the worst times anyway)

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Galian Beast;3459469 said:
i dont know how we lost that

Probably worst game ever by a RT for cowboys in a playoff game was prime reason. ANd then rest broke down, Defense broke down. It was the snowball effect.

But give Vikings the due. They were the better team that day.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
I can't watch this video, the last video was hard to watch. I'm going back to forgetting that game was ever played.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
God. That game was close to being 14-0 Dallas early. What a blown opportunity.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Idgit;3459668 said:
God. That game was close to being 14-0 Dallas early. What a blown opportunity.

Up and down the field.
If Colombo had had a half decent game......

burmafrd

Reaction score
clearly Colombo was not fully recovered. The staff should have spotted that right away and put in Free. The fact that they did not is pretty bad.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
burmafrd;3459708 said:
clearly Colombo was not fully recovered. The staff should have spotted that right away and put in Free. The fact that they did not is pretty bad.

where the staff messed up was in the playoff cowboys phily game, keeping columbo in to long, doug free needed to play some in that 2nd half, its time the head coach becomes a man, walks over to columbo after trainers tells wade, he cant keep up his performance and be totally ready next game, will be worn out too much;

its time wade be a man, march over to columbo, tells him point blank, im the head coach, you need to rest and be ready for this next game,

and doug free needs some experience in playoff type game

now for the good of the team columbo, rest and be ready next week
or when wade and everyone else could see that columbo couldnt hold up to vikings edwards, to pull columbo for the good of the team, the best player will play regardless of position

quit playing footsey with the players wade, be a man and a head coach, make those tough gut wrenching decisions, its not your job to be totally buddy buddy with the players, coaches wade, its your job to have all the players ready to play and make those decisions

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Columbo shouldn't even of started that game.

It's all wonder under the bridge. It got the Vikings nothing except a loss the following week and a revenge game coming from Dallas this season and Dallas will whoop on em.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
That Vikings Defense was fired up and on like Donkey Kong. Yet again our OLine let the team down.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Hook'em#11;3459774 said:
Columbo shouldn't even of started that game.

It's all wonder under the bridge. It got the Vikings nothing except a loss the following week and a revenge game coming from Dallas this season and Dallas will whoop on em.

i dont know about whooping up on them, the vikings have that great run defense with their 2 star players kevin and pat williams at DT and jared allen coming off the edge, and they now have e j henderson coming back from injured season

what the key will be for us, how bad gurode and leonard davis want it in that game

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hipfake08;3459694 said:
Up and down the field.
If Colombo had had a half decent game......

I don't remember a playoff blowout like that where I really thought the losing team had as much chance to win as the winning team. We had so many chances to win that game going into the third quarter and just failed to execute at a couple of spots. Eventually, that lack of execution broke our back and everything snowballed.

And, while I agree that Colombo should not have been starting, that wasn't all injury. Ray Edwards was playing straight-up out of his mind. There wasn't any reason to expect it, but he was fantastic in that game. I'm curious to see if he can keep it up, because, if he can, that defense went from stout to very, very good.