Vikings could be interested in dealing Daunte Culpepper?

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
ProFootballtalk.com reports that the Vikings could be interested in dealing Daunte Culpepper.

There is reportedly some concern among the new coaching staff that Culpepper will struggle with the pre-snap reads and play changes that are so integral to the West Coast offense. Missing this offseason after knee surgery won't help and Culpepper hasn't met with coach Brad Childress yet. Some possible destinations include Oakland, Arizona, and Miami.

Jan. 17 - 8:51 am et
Source: ProFootballtalk.com

rgcowboys

Reaction score
He cant read defenses without Randy Moss, so they should trade him to Oakland.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Trade for a guy who has shown he is absolutely inept at playing without Randy Moss...the guy he depends on to chuck it up, and keep other players in single coverage.

Throw in the knee injury, and his fetish with turning over the football, and I would say, no.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
The guys knee will NOT be the same. Of course they want to shop him.

trueblue1687

Reaction score
******. Why would you want a loser like this guy throwing the ball in Dallas. His "sexboat" thing proved to me he is a real piece of....work.:rolleyes:

Reaction score
If they trade Culpepper they will take a huge salary cap hit because of another big signing bonus mistake! I personnally think the Vikings will give him every chance to succeed next year. If he cannot retain his mobility I think he might retire. I'm not too sure he would be as effective as a WC QB. He is more effective with the midrange to long passes. Only time will solve this riddle.....

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
They should deal him to 'Zona. Denny Green would love to have Culpepper and I would love for him not to be a Cowboy.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Ridiculous...the guy is a probowl QB and the best player on their team...he is the franchise guy, and he'll be back. Brad Johnson is not their answer at QB despite the way he drove the bus this year...they don't even have a young guy to take over, do they?

This is all speculation and non-news in my opinion.

Those doubting Culpepper can play the position without Moss are being a little silly, imo.

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
Ridiculous...the guy is a probowl QB and the best player on their team...he is the franchise guy, and he'll be back. Brad Johnson is not their answer at QB despite the way he drove the bus this year...they don't even have a young guy to take over, do they?

Those doubting Culpepper can play the position without Moss are being a little silly, imo.
:signmast: What he said

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
wayne_motley said:

Right.

Dude has one bad season and all of the sudden he is garbage and old news.

I hope they dont make the same mistake twice. Remember they decided to keep the aging Randall Cunningham and let Brad Johnson go after the 1998 Season.

They would be foolish to let a young talent like Culpepper get away.

- Mike G.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
JackMagist said:
They should deal him to 'Zona. Denny Green would love to have Culpepper and I would love for him not to be a Cowboy.

I agree. I fact, I called that the minute Green became a HC in Zona.

Minny would do pretty well to set up their team by trading him this off-season.