Vikings rookie CB Khyree Jackson dies in car accident

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Minnesota Vikings rookie cornerback Khyree Jackson and two former college football players were killed in a car crash overnight, according to Maryland State Police. Jackson was 24.

Jackson died after a three-car crash that occurred at 3:14 a.m. Saturday in Prince George's County, according to police. Isaiah Hazel and Anthony Lytton Jr. -- the two former players who were high school teammates of Jackson's -- were also killed in the crash, police said.

Hazel, 23, played at Maryland and Charlotte, while Lytton, 24, played at Florida State and Penn State.

Police said Hazel was driving a Dodge Charger with Jackson in the passenger seat when their car was struck by an Infiniti Q50 attempting to change lanes at a high speed. The Charger left the road and struck multiple tree stumps.

According to police, Jackson and Hazel were pronounced dead at the scene, while Lytton was transported to a hospital before being pronounced dead by hospital personnel.

Neither the driver of the Infiniti Q50 nor her two passengers or the driver of the third vehicle was injured. Investigators believe alcohol may have played a role in the crash, police said, adding that charges are pending.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
This is really sad news. several really young people lost their lives. If alcohol was involved causing the accident, A message has to be sent. I'm just putting that out there. I don't have any clue who was drinking, if anyone.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Minnesota Vikings rookie cornerback Khyree Jackson and two former college football players were killed in a car crash overnight, according to Maryland State Police. Jackson was 24.

Jackson died after a three-car crash that occurred at 3:14 a.m. Saturday in Prince George's County, according to police. Isaiah Hazel and Anthony Lytton Jr. -- the two former players who were high school teammates of Jackson's -- were also killed in the crash, police said.

Hazel, 23, played at Maryland and Charlotte, while Lytton, 24, played at Florida State and Penn State.

Police said Hazel was driving a Dodge Charger with Jackson in the passenger seat when their car was struck by an Infiniti Q50 attempting to change lanes at a high speed. The Charger left the road and struck multiple tree stumps.

According to police, Jackson and Hazel were pronounced dead at the scene, while Lytton was transported to a hospital before being pronounced dead by hospital personnel.

Neither the driver of the Infiniti Q50 nor her two passengers or the driver of the third vehicle was injured. Investigators believe alcohol may have played a role in the crash, police said, adding that charges are pending.

Proof that nothing good happens at that hour in the morning.

DZSierra

Reaction score
This is really sad news. several really young people lost their lives. If alcohol was involved causing the accident, A message has to be sent. I'm just putting that out there. I don't have any clue who was drinking, if anyone.
There are enough idiot drivers on the road during the day. The traffic may be lighter after midnight on the road, but I have little doubt that the idiot level rises substantially between 12AM - 4AM on the roads, particularly on the weekend when people don't have to get up for work.

Tragic accident and it seems the guys were doing nothing wrong...

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You see that so many times; a drunk driver kills people and walks away from it
That driver should spend the rest of his life in jail no matter drunk or not; he KILLED three people.
her and she.

Flamma

Reaction score
There are enough idiot drivers on the road during the day. The traffic may be lighter after midnight on the road, but I have little doubt that the idiot level rises substantially between 12AM - 4AM on the roads, particularly on the weekend when people don't have to get up for work.

Tragic accident and it seems the guys were doing nothing wrong...
You pretty much nailed the timeframe. From 2014-2019 I worked road maintenance for a major highway. I worked 12am to 8am. With a few exceptions, the majority of the fatalities happened in the first half of that shift. We used to clean up the debris among other things. I transferred back to tolls.

gtb1943

Reaction score
You pretty much nailed the timeframe. From 2014-2019 I worked road maintenance for a major highway. I worked 12am to 8am. With a few exceptions, the majority of the fatalities happened in the first half of that shift. We used to clean up the debris among other things. I transferred back to tolls.
I can understand why you went back to tolls. That has to be grisly work all too often

Flamma

Reaction score
I can understand why you went back to tolls. That has to be grisly work all too often
Life has changed dramatically for the better despite the pay cut. I could have moved to a day shift, but the job itself is terrible during the day. I said, just get me out of here. I worked the New Year's eve shift once. Never again.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Unless someone is working, hardly anything good happens after midnight.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The POS who was drunk needs to fry.

But that absolutely won’t happen……especially in that jurisdiction. The POS will get a relatively light slap on the wrist compared to what they should get.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Awful to hear about. RIP to him, and prayers to him and his family.

Please, if you drink alcohol, use public transportation or Uber instead of driving. Driving drunk is inexcusable in 2024.

GINeric

Reaction score

This is extremely sad. Really really sad. The young man hasn't even lived real life yet. Prayers out to his loved ones.