Vince vs. the Wonderlic

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
After doing a little research I found out alot of players had some unusual scores, meaning that some succesful players scored lower than some non-succesful players in this league.

Here are some of the more notable ones, though:

Drew Henson - 42, Alex Smith - 40, Eli Manning - 39, Tom Brady - 33, Steve Young - 33, John Elway - 30, Troy Aikman - 29, David Carr - 24, Brett Favre - 22, Michael Vick - 20, Dan Marino - 16, Jeff George - 10

Poking around I find that the Wonderlic company says a score under 10 means that the person will likely struggle with the job responsibilities. However, it does not mean that they can't learn. It's more along the lines of they can't learn by reading as well as they learn by non-reading methods.

Also, the Wonderlic personnel test is given by all kinds of companies, not just by the NFL. Several million people take the wonderlic test evey year. Wonderlic says a perfect score is seen about 1 out of 30,000 tests.

In the NFL, Wonderlic test scores seem to be higher based on how close you are to the ball. Offensive line has the highest average scores. Tackles average wonderlic score is 26, centers are 25, quarterbacks average 24 on the wonderlic. Guards & TE's are next at 23 & 22.

On the defense, safties & MLB's are tops at 19. I read a couple interviews where the speculation was that you don't want your corners to be too analytical. If they get burned, you don't want them overanalyzing, you want them to get out there & make the next play.

With Marino scoring a 16 and Henson scoring a 42, I'd say Vince Young doesn't have much to worry about.

ghst187

Reaction score
I hope everyone gets the thought that we might draft VY out of their head....
We're not going to trade up to get him
we're not going to draft him even if he drops to 18
let's not talk about VY anymore...

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
There should be a "Dead Horse" Zone.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Has anyone who ever scored a 6 even played in the league?

I hope the Cowboys aren't the first to draft a 6.

To think Michael Bishop is substantially smarter the VY/6 is freaky. :):lmao2:

ghst187

Reaction score
it was the first matchup VY lost all year...and in a blowout.
Wonderlic: 44
VY: 6

Crazy88

Reaction score
hmmm. werent the rumours of vince youngs score unsubstantiated or has it all been confirmed. the poor guy took a beating for it in the media that i do know but i heard talk on fox sports that it was all rumours and nothing more??

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
ghst187 said:

If Vince Young threads bother you so much, you need simply to NOT click on them.

It's not that hard.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
DanTanna said:
Has anyone who ever scored a 6 even played in the league?

I hope the Cowboys aren't the first to draft a 6.

To think Michael Bishop is substantially smarter the VY/6 is freaky. :):lmao2:

VY scored a 16, not a 6.

But to answer your question, yes I believe Frank Gore scored a 6 last year and he did ok with the niners.

ghst187

Reaction score
Rack said:
If Vince Young threads bother you so much, you need simply to NOT click on them.

It's not that hard.

I enjoy crushing people's dreams...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
I enjoy crushing people's dreams...

Actually I think you just really enjoy talking about Vince Young. You love Vince Young and you love Vince Young threads. You love just seeing his name.

Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young

^^^ You loved that.

ghst187

Reaction score
Rack said:
Actually I think you just really enjoy talking about Vince Young. You love Vince Young and you love Vince Young threads. You love just seeing his name.

Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young Vince Young

^^^ You loved that.
:lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao:
that was pretty funny bro

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
:lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao:
that was pretty funny bro

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/img/photo/01-05/rosebowl1.jpg

Vince Young thought so too.