Virus removal software

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
I think I have a virus or trojan that is infecting my computer. Everytime I use a search engine such as Google or Yahoo and do a search, and then click on a link, it never takes me to that link.

So if anyone knows of good software, preferably free, please let me know. Or if you think have another problem.

Thanks.

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
Spy-bot is good for spy-ware and I use microsoft security essentials for virus hope this helps

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3523649 said:
Malwarebytes.

For once we agree *shudders* lol

But you need to do a couple of things before you run the scan.

#1 Turn off system restore. The viruses copy themselves to your restore volume. If you don't do this it will come back. Downside is you will lose your ability to restore your computer to a point before you got infected. Don't worry about it because you won't know when you got infected.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310405

#2 Delete your cookies and temp files

#3 Reboot and start your computer in Safe Mode (hit F8 before you see the Starting Windows screen) then run the virus scan.

After the scan finishes delete everything it finds.

Repeat as many times as many times as it takes to clean your system.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;3523725 said:
For once we agree *shudders* lol

Uh, we do both think the Cowboys are great...

I did what you said once, but I went into safe mode and ran the scan. Then I did a system restore.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3523726 said:
Uh, we do both think the Cowboys are great...

I did what you said once, but I went into safe mode and ran the scan. Then I did a system restore.

Then you didn't disable system restore. It tells you you will lose all restore points.