Voice recital day

JDSmith

Reaction score
Not me, my 16 year old daughter. She's going to be singing 'O Mio Babbino Caro' at the music academy's Christmas concert - really just a recital. She was going to sing 'Oh Holy Night' but for some reason that got dropped, which is a bit of a shame as I think she could have done a terrific job on that song - and it's a Christmas/Holiday concert and O Mio couldn't have less to do with the holidays, but whatever. Anyway, this should be interesting in any event, because she performed this same song at her high school talent show a year and a half ago, before she started taking voice lessons. So it will be a good chance to see how she's developed working with her voice coach once a week. My wife and I are always excited for voice recitals and talent shows because our daughter is a freak and won't sing in front of us - she only wants to sing in front of crowds. We had to drag her kicking and screaming to voice lessons partially because she didn't want to sing unless it was on stage.

Hopefully we can get a decent quality recording. As I said, she did the same song before lessons, this was recorded in April '14.

Since she never practiced that song (freak, won't sing in front of us and we have a tiny house where everyone could hear) and learned it by reading the lyrics and watching youtube videos of other people singing it while humming along, we are hopeful that this time she'll feel a little more comfortable and let loose a bit with her voice. Anyway, we're always proud and amazed that she'll even get up there - I know I'd vomit on stage if I ever had to sing in front of an audience.