VOTE Crayton/Stanback QB Mix against New York? -updated

ODawg

Benched
Reaction score
I say do it...like Miami has done kinda...With Johnson we are going to lose...we have to try something! Could you imagine stanback running an option and bollinger spliting out for a pass...like Flacco did for the Ravens...It would be awesome if we had some surprises for the Migets...I mean Giants! What does everyone think?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ODawg;2377653 said:
I say do it...like Miami has done kinda...With Johnson we are going to lose...we have to try something! Could you imagine stanback running an option and bollinger spliting out for a pass...like Flacco did for the Ravens...It would be awesome if we had some surprises for the Migets...I mean Giants! What does everyone think?

I think if the staff felt Bollinger could do it he would be out there. One thing Dallas can't afford vs NY is turnovers. Dallas does not need to do thing to beat themselves. I think Johnson starts and depending on how things go will determine if Bollinger gets a chance in the game.

ODawg

Benched
Reaction score
we should at least try to use stanback in that way....maybe just a few play package???

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Brad will start, and play, because they'll be looking for him to not turn the ball over where they'll no doubt be very worried that Bollinger would turn the ball over, which we can't afford against the Giants.

Look at the Steelers yesterday. They played great on defense and lost the game because of turnovers. If you eliminate those turnovers the Giants lose that game, for sure.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ODawg;2377675 said:
we should at least try to use stanback in that way....maybe just a few play package???

I could see them using Stanback in some type of flea flicker but directly taking snaps as a QB I don't think that will happen.

ODawg

Benched
Reaction score
my point is the staff needs to come up with something to use our talent better...maybe crayton throw the ball....we need to run some slants to TO and RW....something needs to be put in place for this game!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2377677 said:
Brad will start, and play, because they'll be looking for him to not turn the ball over where they'll no doubt be very worried that Bollinger would turn the ball over, which we can't afford against the Giants.

Look at the Steelers yesterday. They played great on defense and lost the game because of turnovers. If you eliminate those turnovers the Giants lose that game, for sure.

Exactly, last thing we need to do is beat ourselves and during many games on Sunday that is what many games come down to teams beating themselves with foolish turnovers. I would have Bollinger ready to do but I would continue to start Johnson

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2377692 said:
Exactly, last thing we need to do is beat ourselves and during many games on Sunday that is what many games come down to teams beating themselves with foolish turnovers. I would have Bollinger ready to do but I would continue to start Johnson

what we need to do is beat the Giants with Brad as the QB we can't do that

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2377699 said:
what we need to do is beat the Giants with Brad as the QB we can't do that

Yes we can. If our defense can keep this game close then yes we have a chance. I expect us to be underdogs and that is not going to change by putting Bollinger in the game and we also do not know since we are not at practice what Bollinger can actually do. Garrett and Phillips are there and they do know. One thing that will get you beat quicker than anything are turnover which is what cost Pitt yesterday with 3 costly turnovers on their end of the field. Pitt did more to beat themselves than the Giants did to win the game.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
I'm just glad the game is NY..I'd hate to give away our home against them. The rematch in Dec will be huge.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2377710 said:
Yes we can. If our defense can keep this game close then yes we have a chance. I expect us to be underdogs and that is not going to change by putting Bollinger in the game and we also do not know since we are not at practice what Bollinger can actually do. Garrett and Phillips are there and they do know. One thing that will get you beat quicker than anything are turnover which is what cost Pitt yesterday with 3 costly turnovers on their end of the field. Pitt did more to beat themselves than the Giants did to win the game.

I know what Bollinger can do and it's a lot more than what BJ can do.....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2377712 said:
I know what Bollinger can do and it's a lot more than what BJ can do.....

Spoken like a fan who is not at practice. Garrett actually does understand what he is seeing with his offensive players. If Garrett feels he can go then I trust Garrett. Johnson yesterday did nothing to get us beat and because of that we had a chance at winning instead of putting more pressure on the defense by turning the ball over.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2377720 said:
Spoken like a fan who is not at practice. Garrett actually does understand what he is seeing with his offensive players. If Garrett feels he can go then I trust Garrett. Johnson yesterday did nothing to get us beat and because of that we had a chance at winning instead of putting more pressure on the defense by turning the ball over.

Garrett doesn't understand anything....Maybe he should have a RB or TE chip a DE to help out flow....run some slants....Garrett could go the way of old yeller for all I care you citing what he's doing is about as good as citing wikipedia.....lets not forget MB3 was riding the bench all last season.....

links18

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2377720 said:

If Garrett knows what his guys can do, why does he keep sending receivers deep, when Brad can't throw the ball but 15 yards with any accuracy? :(

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
links18;2377736 said:
If Garrett knows what his guys can do, why does he keep sending receivers deep, when Brad can't throw the ball but 15 yards with any accuracy? :(

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
links18;2377736 said:

Because that is an exaggerated comment, yes Johnson can throw the ball deeper than 15 and has done so and did so even in the pre-season game vs the Bronco. No doubt he is not going to throw deep with the same zip on the ball and thus when Tampa was sitting in the Tampa 2 coverage he did not attack deep except once. Now again who do I trust a fan or Garrett sorry buddy you lose yes I think Jason know a hell of allot more than any fan in front of a keyboard. While this is a site for fans to express themselves I'm not foolish enough to think Fans actually know more.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
We have almost no shot against the Giants.

The Giants know we can't throw it down the field. They're not just going to give us the easy stuff underneath. It calls into question the judgment of Garrett - if it was indeed his decision - that he would choose to go into a season with this guy as his backup. Garrett could probably suit up right now and do just as well.

Even if we committ no turnovers and few penalties, and play a solid game on D, we still have no chance, except for maybe hoping that NYG plays there worst game of the year. Maybe not even then.

No team really has a prayer with Brad Johnson in there. The best we can probably hope for is to not get blown out. If Bollinger has anything at all, they ought to give him a try, because with Johnson in there, things are only going to get worse next weekend.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Not sure why anyone would want Stanback to play QB, but Bolliger should absolutely be the starter. He looked much more crisp, stronger, and clearly more agile than Brad while warming up. It's hard to imagine how he could be less accurate.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2377764 said:
Because that is an exaggerated comment, yes Johnson can throw the ball deeper than 15 and has done so and did so even in the pre-season game vs the Bronco. No doubt he is not going to throw deep with the same zip on the ball and thus when Tampa was sitting in the Tampa 2 coverage he did not attack deep except once. Now again who do I trust a fan or Garrett sorry buddy you lose yes I think Jason know a hell of allot more than any fan in front of a keyboard. While this is a site for fans to express themselves I'm not foolish enough to think Fans actually know more.

That's where your logic fails....how about you try thinking for yourself instead of blindly believing what the coaches are doing/saying??? Did Garrett look like a genius when he didn't get felix a touch against the Skins??? How about him calling the same play in the same formation on 3rd and 4th and shot yesterday.....or the fact that MB3 was on the bench for the whole season last year....I don't see how you can sit there and take his actions as God when its plain as day that Brad isn't a QB worthy to be in the NFL.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2377768 said:
Not sure why anyone would want Stanback to play QB, but Bolliger should absolutely be the starter. He looked much more crisp, stronger, and clearly more agile than Brad while warming up. It's hard to imagine how he could be less accurate.

WildCat baby....it add something to the offense and we can run the option with Felix WoOT vVoOT !!!!!!!