VOTE Crayton/Stanback QB Mix against New York? -updated

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
lol, it'll be a cold day in hell before this staff tries anything like the Wildcat.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2377775 said:
That's where your logic fails....how about you try thinking for yourself instead of blindly believing what the coaches are doing/saying??? Did Garrett look like a genius when he didn't get felix a touch against the Skins??? How about him calling the same play in the same formation on 3rd and 4th and shot yesterday.....or the fact that MB3 was on the bench for the whole season last year....I don't see how you can sit there and take his actions as God when its plain as day that Brad isn't a QB worthy to be in the NFL.

You are right a fan who has zero experiance his opinion should be equal to that of a man who has played NFL QB and had has been around the game for a good while and who is with these players day in and day out. Yeah that make perfect sense. I know many fans think they know everything about the game and everything about every player despite the fact you are not at practice or in the meetings with these players.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2377791 said:
You are right a fan who has zero experiance his opinion should be equal to that of a man who has played NFL QB and had has been around the game for a good while and who is with these players day in and day out. Yeah that make perfect sense. I know many fans think they know everything about the game and everything about every player despite the fact you are not at practice or in the meetings with these players.

Don't need to be at the practice or the meetings to see in the game who should be playing and who shouldn't.......

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2377795 said:
Don't need to be at the practice or the meetings to see in the game who should be playing and who shouldn't.......

So without seeing Bollinger at all he should play? Based on what? Johnson while he was far from great did nothing that would end up costing us the game. He threw it away when need be and protected the ball and yes a QB could do a lot worse and make winning more difficult by committing costly turnovers. My own opinion I think Dallas will start the game with Johnson and depending on how things are going will determine if Bollinger gets into the game.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2377812 said:
So without seeing Bollinger at all he should play? Based on what? Johnson while he was far from great did nothing that would end up costing us the game. He threw it away when need be and protected the ball and yes a QB could do a lot worse and make winning more difficult by committing costly turnovers. My own opinion I think Dallas will start the game with Johnson and depending on how things are going will determine if Bollinger gets into the game.

I've seen Bollinger play while he was with the Jets and Vikings...from what I've seen with Brad in his play then it's clear Brad shouldn't be playing any longer. I don't think something like that will happen. We still have Proctor playing at LG....for some reason.....I'd rather Bollinger start then do a 2 QB thing.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I think the staff was very close to letting Johnson hit the road in preaseason this year and then he did pretty decent in that preseason game with starters so it changed their mind...... unfortunately!

I am on the fence with putting Bollinger in. I don't think he would be worse but..... he could be from what I saw from him in preseason. He has no reps or timing with the first string this year period.

I don't think you can do it, he could even screw up the running game.

If I was the coaching staff I think I stick with Brad for this last week w/out Romo. If you get behind early then I am for a second half switch though.

MONT17

Reaction score
I never understood drafting a college QB to play WR and then never letting practice some plays @ QB. What does it hurt to see what he can do with some trick plays! Cowboys will never do that they r not smart enough.

ODawg

Benched
Reaction score
MONT17;2377845 said:
I never understood drafting a college QB to play WR and then never letting practice some plays @ QB. What does it hurt to see what he can do with some trick plays! Cowboys will never do that they r not smart enough.

This is the NFL...these guys can do more than what our team is allowing them to do...crayton and stanback...you are telling me they cant run some WILDCAT????? Thanks for all the replies and discussion.....my point is we have to do something!!!!

juck

Reaction score
I would like to see Bollinger and some wildcat as well,I believe BJ will start then get benched cause he sucks.

zeromaster

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2377795 said:
So you're the next OC for the Cowboys.

Got it.
:lmao2:

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Stanback is garbage and the only reason he's activated on Sundays is due to injury. once we get healthy he will be back on the sidelines with a t-shirt and shorts on.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2377677 said:
Brad will start, and play, because they'll be looking for him to not turn the ball over where they'll no doubt be very worried that Bollinger would turn the ball over, which we can't afford against the Giants.

Look at the Steelers yesterday. They played great on defense and lost the game because of turnovers. If you eliminate those turnovers the Giants lose that game, for sure.

By that rationale Romeo would never play.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
If we were going to "steal" a game this would be it. I'd be thrilled if the Cowboys came out with some form of the Wildcat offense just to throw the Giants for a loop. Stanback seems ideal for it because he just seems so fast on the field.

The Giants' strength is putting pressure on the QB and Brad "the statue" Johnson is in huge trouble if we just keep dropping him back there, waiting for him to realize he can't throw the deep ball, and then throw a short pass that the RB has to come back for. He will get sacked 20 times.

I'm not saying we permanently convert to trickery and gadget plays but if there was a game to go for it, this is it. If we give up and concede this game, we will be 3 plus games back of the Giants with almost no chance of winning the division.

ODawg

Benched
Reaction score
If we had the Wildcat Series twice in this game....for 2 series...or so? Crayton on one side and Stanback on the other...they would get out to the edges quick and get some "WOW" plays

ODawg

Benched
Reaction score
Okay so lets try a few series of Crayton and Stanback....WILDCAT all the way! So lets see it may work good or bad but at least try it...if Miami can do it we can...Lets face it this weeks game is just as important as any other....not having Romo to me seems like the Coaches have better held something back and better have been working on this in practice! I cant accept all this just let Brad Johnson play and not make mistakes and play D...then we have a chance to win...ya but what if we can use our damn heads and try this a few times....Please everyone lets find a way to get somebody in front of the media or a sports reporter to ask the coaches these questions...ATTENTION EVERYONE THIS IS OUR TEAM ALSO....LETS PUT OUR MINDS TO WINNING THIS GAME!:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: LETS GET THAT :bow: SIX CHAMPIONSHIP..WE HAVE THE TALENT TO DO IT!

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
I think I will be so glad when that pop warner offense fades back into oblivion

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
links18;2377736 said:
If Garrett knows what his guys can do, why does he keep sending receivers deep, when Brad can't throw the ball but 15 yards with any accuracy? :(

yeah we should keep all our Wrs five yards off the LOS so the defense doesn't have to clear out.:yourock: