Wade Calls Seahawks Game Most Important Of The Year

Reaction score
WADE CALLS SEAHAWKS GAME MOST IMPORTANT OF THE YEAR

Posted by Mike Florio on November 27, 2008, 7:39 a.m. EST
As the Dallas Cowboys prepare to host the Seattle Seahawks, coach Wade Phillips calls it “the most important game of the year,” per Albert Breer of Sporting News Today.
Most important game of the year? Against a 2-9 team? Really?
Actually, Wade has a point. Because if the ‘Boys blow this one, the chances of navigating a brutal final fourth of the season (at Steelers, Giants, Ravens, at Eagles) with enough wins to make the playoffs will diminish significantly.
And if the Cowboys can’t beat the lowly ‘Hawks in the last Thanksgiving Day game at Texas Stadium, then Dallas doesn’t deserve a spot in the postseason.

link:profootballtalk.com

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Agree 100%. Thats why I love where the team is sitting. It will take alot of heart and determination for this team to make the playoffs. No more coasting and December letdowns on the way to the playoffs. If they can't get it done down the stretch, then they don't deserve to be there. However, if they finish 4-1 or 5-0, they will be on a roll at the right time and capable of beating anyone.

Section446

Reaction score
When you're still in the playoff hunt every game is the most important game. We can't control what happens with the Eages, Commanders, Giants, Bucs, Panthers, etc.... but we can control what happens with the Cowboys.

Reaction score
PaulH1083;2445623 said:
When you're still in the playoff hunt every game is the most important game. We can't control what happens with the Eages, Commanders, Giants, Bucs, Panthers, etc.... but we can control what happens with the Cowboys.

I agree! Don't worry about Philly, they are suck'n just fine on their own!

Chuck 54

Reaction score
It sounds good to say they are all must win games, but in reality, today is a must win game only in that it's a lowly team that can help us reach 10 wins more easily than losing to them and having to get there against the other teams on our schedule.

Here's an more realistic way to look at it:

Once we reach 10 wins, any remaining games may turn out to NOT be must wins as far as getting into the playoffs.

AND

If we reach 7 losses, the remaining games will no longer be must-win games.

If we win today, I think we have a good chance in Pittsburg...that would put us in ideal position with 9 wins...then a loss won't really mean anything huge.

catskillthunder

Reaction score
His comments could be taken as such that he is just trying to get his team focused on the task at hand. Rather then having a mental letdown after 2 wins in a row, he keeps his team ready for an inferior team. I actually like the comment and as pissed as I get at Wade & the coaches sometimes, he's not really that bad of a coach when all is said and done.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
We MUST win against all our remaining NFC opponents.

Boysboy

Reaction score
I completely agree with Wade-we lose to a bad Hawks team today, we're 7-5, and head into a VERY rough Dec schedule @Pitt, Giants, Ravens, and @Philly. On top of that, we're in a very tough NFC where even 10-6 is no guarantee to make the playoffs.

Yes, Yes, and YES-we need to take care of business today!