Wade is not going to be a puppet

DizzG

Reaction score
I know some here hate Jerry Jones and just about any decision they seem to make...and Im sure the typical ones will be in shortly to say this is not reality or someother BS soon anyway...but the fact people think this is funny

if anyone listened to Charlie Waters yesterday he mentioned from what he heard Wade had a good chance to be next in line for the Chargers top job if/when schottenheimer is gone...which is pretty much expected as he would only take a one year deal and nothing beyond that.

Wade is going to walk away from that to be a figure head coach in Dallas?

also Wade is too respected around the league by players, coaches, and NFL people for Jerry to even pull that. This isnt Chan Gailey. This is a guy with TONS of years around the league and connections all over the place.

Jerry may have more input than when Parcells was around but people are kidding themselves if Wade is the type to enter a situation where Jerry will basically be coaching the team, calling ALL the shots, and pulling Wade around with puppet strings

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DizzG;1369678 said:
I know some here hate Jerry Jones and just about any decision they seem to make...and Im sure the typical ones will be in shortly to say this is not reality or someother BS soon anyway...but the fact people think this is funny

if anyone listened to Charlie Waters yesterday he mentioned from what he heard Wade had a good chance to be next in line for the Chargers top job if/when schottenheimer is gone...which is pretty much expected as he would only take a one year deal and nothing beyond that.

also Wade is too respected around the league by players, coaches, and NFL people for Jerry to even pull that. This isnt Chan Gailey. This is a guy with TONS of years around the league and connections all over the place.

Jerry may have more input than when Parcells was around but people are kidding themselves if Wade is the type to enter a situation where Jerry will basically be coaching the team, calling ALL the shots, and pulling Wade around with puppet strings

I agree. I don't think Phillips is anyones puppet nor would he leave the situation in SD to become a puppet for Jerry.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
DizzG;1369678 said:

First, congrats on being right all along about Norv not being hired. I was hoping that wasn't just wishful thinking frm you. :)

But I agree with you. I don't think coaches have ever really been "puppets" anyway -- I think Jerry just likes the image that he has more input than he really does.

But just because a guy doesn't have a personality like Parcells doesn't mean he's not in charge. And some people genuinely aren't anal about everything being done their exact way, as long as things are being done effectively. I think Phillips will be like that.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
DizzG;1369678 said:

Wade made Jerry promise he'd not make him a puppet, as long as Jerry got to play with this guy during press conferences....

mr%20moose.JPG

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Oh I see ..... Wade is Captain Kangaroo ...... how funny.

:rolleyes:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He got fired in Buffalo because he felt it wa wrong to blame DeHaven for the MCM. Thats all I need to know about him not being a puppet.

Its not the whole puppet thing that worries me. Jones has never been a Snyder and told his coaches who to play and whatnot. the issue has always been that the players abused his open door policy in the Gailey/Campo years.

If one of those guys tried to discipline a player or a player had an issue they just circumvented the coach and went straight to Jerry. I think jerry has learned his lesson.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
DizzG;1369678 said:

Couple of things.

1. They didn't fire Schottenheimer, he is a head coach today! Not in a few years. He will be 60 by the time the season starts. (BIG difference)
  2. You are comparing the Dallas Cowboys a storied franchise to the San Deigo Chargers. Thats like comparing the Texas Rangers to the New York Yankees. (It's a no-brainer)
  3. The Cowboys already have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball, and the defense is already setup for the 3-4 scheme and he already has his star outside linebacker in Ware. (check!)
  4. Texas is home for the Phillips family. While it's not quite as big as the others, it's still something to be considered.