Wade will gain the respect of you premature discounters...

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
What has the Dallas cowboys fandom come to? A quality 3-4 coach has been given the task of making the bunch of swollen heads play to their potential while Jason Garrett has been given the offensive reigns. It could be so much worse. I suppose the lot of you that are already trying to discount Wade wanted Norv in the spot? :rolleyes: Or did you also not like Norv? Who would have been the perfect fit for you? Try to simply sit back and say to yourself "hmmmmmmm perhaps Jerry made an well thought out decent move this time around."

It's not rocket science folks. The Singletarys and Riveras must not have wowed Jerry enough to trump Wade. They were probably great interviews but just not great enough. I guess is Wade told Jerry he was dying to get at that paper talented defense of ours and Jerry bought into his enthusiasm. Whatever happened to giving a guy a chance??? We gave Bill 4 years... How about giving Wade at least one year before you brow beat and lambast him to death? The guy hasn't even stepped foot on the practice field and you're already casting him off as a failure.:rolleyes:

Once the season begins and you see our newly formed defensive scheme at work you will forget all about Norv, Tuna, Singletary , and Rivera. I'm still sticking my my statement from when Bill finally announced he was relieving us of our pain. We will make the playoffs this year and will have an great chance to advance to the 2nd round. Print it now and hang it on your wall.

doomsday81

Reaction score
Bleu Star;1368393 said:
What has the Dallas cowboys fandom come to? A quality 3-4 coach has been given the task of making the bunch of swollen heads play to their potential while Jason Garrett has been given the offensive reigns. It could be so much worse. I suppose the lot of you that are already trying to discount Wade wanted Norv in the spot? :rolleyes: Or did you also not like Norv? Who would have been the perfect fit for you? Try to simply sit back and say to yourself "hmmmmmmm perhaps Jerry made an well thought out decent move this time around."

It's not rocket science folks. The Singletarys and Riveras must not have wowed Jerry enough to trump Wade. They were probably great interviews but just not great enough. I guess is Wade told Jerry he was dying to get at that paper talented defense of ours and Jerry bought into his enthusiasm. Whatever happened to giving a guy a chance??? We gave Bill 4 years... How about giving Wade at least one year before you brow beat and lambast him to death? The guy hasn't even stepped foot on the practice field and you're already casting him off as a failure.:rolleyes:

Once the season begins and you see our newly formed defensive scheme at work you will forget all about Norv, Tuna, Singletary , and Rivera. I'm still sticking my my statement from when Bill finally announced he was relieving us of our pain. We will make the playoffs this year and will have an great chance to advance to the 2nd round. Print it now and hang it on your wall.

What has Jason Garrett ever done? How do you know he'll be a good offensive coordinator seeing that he's never called a play in his lifetime? Thanks for playing.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
doomsday81;1368620 said:
What has Jason Garrett ever done? How do you know he'll be a good offensive coordinator seeing that he's never called a play in his lifetime? Thanks for playing.

How many people have called plays before they got their first shot to call plays?

Many in the NFL and NCAA wanted Garrett so obviously there is something there

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
doomsday81;1368620 said:

For every 65 year old twilight year coach there's a young sparky new coach waiting in the wings for his chance. We won't know "what Garrett has ever done" for the Dallas Cowboys until the end of the year. My hunch is that your opinion of him will have changed by then.

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
Bleu Star;1368393 said:

Really? We shall see.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
I understand you can get fired from Wal*Mart for being a premature discounter. :)

lspain1

Reaction score
Premature discounting.......

I think they have medicine for that these days.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
Bleu Star;1368393 said:

I think you'd be gung-ho even if Jerry brought Wayne Fonts in here as HC.:)

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
SuperCows5Xs;1369030 said:
I think you'd be gung-ho even if Jerry brought Wayne Fonts in here as HC.:)

And some people would complain no matter who he hired .....

newlander

Reaction score
I agree with giving Garrett a shot. ESPECIALLY considering he'll be doing it with Sparano. There is no doubt in my mind that Jones will give Sparano a bump in pay, if not title. He's loved in the locker room and respected around the league as evidenced by the Browns and other teams desire to interview him for O. Coordinator. I'm not terribly worried about the offense personally. Re-sign Gurode, get someone to push Flo and sign a new guard in F.Agency. Then go out in the draft and get even more fuel for Wade's version of the 3-4. Should be fun. If it doesn't work out and Wade doesn't have "IT" then Jones will be on the phone with Jeff Fisher after next season. It's that simple. Let's hope that isn't the case however, because he'd be bidding against Snyder from Wash. who will have asked over the hill Joe to leave by then.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
Bleu Star;1368393 said:

I'm holding you too it ,and I hope your right.:bow:

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Wade will gain the respect of you premature discounters...

I never really understand this type of thinking.

Respect is earned not given and your comment, even though its' original intent was to abase those who have doubt, is exactly the way it should be, he should gain, not be given respect.

This team has not won a Playoff Game in 10 Seasons and has either been blown to shreds or had some horrible bad luck in the Playoffs.

So you will have to forgive those, myself included for being a little bit skeptical and taking a "Wait and See" approach given the lack of success we have had in the past and that includes Wade Phillips as a HC as well.

- Mike G.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Bleu Star;1368393 said:
A quality 3-4 coach has been given the task of making the bunch of swollen heads play to their potential while Jason Garrett has been given the offensive reigns.
I'm not so sure Garrett will be holding the reigns. He may be holding Sparano's belt loops.

rangers71

Reaction score
I am so freakin tired of reading and hearing about how bad of a hire this is. Would all of you guys please remember that Manboobs quit. He wasn't fired he freakin quit. That is not and was not Jerry's fault. Ok so then we get into the hiring process. He interviewd 10 guys including all the hot shot coordiantors that everyone wants to be the next Lombardi. In the end he went with a coach that had NFL experience. Jerry loses no matter what. If he hired Riveria you people would complain that he wasn't ready. He goes the safe route and it is an awful decision. Besides according to how most of the media and the people who hate this hire measure success you have to have won a super bowl.Well that leaves a total of 25 coaches who are successful. I say 25 because of the multiple winners. Of that 25 how many are dead? 5. Well folks that leaves us with a grand total of 20 guys to pick from. Of that 20, 8 are still coaching. Now we are down to 12. Now then tell me who you want from that 12? Bill just quit, Cowher retired, Jimmy ain't coming back. Same with Seifert, Walsh, and the rest. Do you want Barry back? Please. I just wish that you would take a step back and look at the situation before you crucify Jerry and Wade Phillips. I mean what was he supposed to do. Remember we are a team that is close. Do you really want to trust this team to a rookie head coach?

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
zrinkill;1369039 said:
And some people would complain no matter who he hired .....

Now that's a lie, I have been on here day after day saying Rivera as my 1st choice and I could live with Norv if Jerry gave him control of things he asked for.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Bleu Star;1368393 said:
Agreed here. The boys aren't going to "break in a new coach" ever, nor were the boys going forward even if Tuna came back.

I'm actually excited about our DEFENSE for the first time in years as it was clear Tuna's vanilla D "beat the guy in front of you" was never gonna work in today's NFL. Our D should be like what we admired about the defenses that beat Troy to retirement up to the defenses that removed Bledsoe from being a starting QB. ATTACK.

we have alot of talent on D being wasted and if Wade can't fix that noone can but jeff ireland or some future draft decision maker.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
chinch;1369311 said:
Agreed here. The boys aren't going to "break in a new coach" ever, nor were the boys going forward even if Tuna came back.

I'm actually excited about our DEFENSE for the first time in years as it was clear Tuna's vanilla D "beat the guy in front of you" was never gonna work in today's NFL. Our D should be like what we admired about the defenses that beat Troy to retirement up to the defenses that removed Bledsoe from being a starting QB. ATTACK.

we have alot of talent on D being wasted and if Wade can't fix that noone can but jeff ireland or some future draft decision maker.

Yep. I think Wade will get the Spears and Cantys of the world to play up to their potential... something the Tuna couldn't do. Spears was just on NFL Radio yesterday talking about how he is excited about "going from playing to prevent the big plays to playing to make the big plays." I read quite a bit into that one statement. He said loads without actually saying what he really wanted to say.

IMHO, our Defense was our largest problem lest year and Wade is the fixer. Now we just need to work on that Oline and we're in business in 07!

jimmy40

Reaction score
Bleu Star;1368393 said:
We will make the playoffs this year and will have an great chance to advance to the 2nd round. Print it now and hang it on your wall.
Should we hang it by all the NFC Championship game guarantees from last year?:D I sure wasn't in favor of this hire but with Parcells and Bledsoe both gone it sure seems a lot like Christmas. Please tell me Bledsoe will be gone.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
You would think that with all the mindless whining the crybabies have done here the last couple of years, there would be a little more tolerance for those that are now mindlessly whining about this now.