Ware dominates

btcutter

Reaction score
Fabulous player. Our BEST D player without a doubt and Pro bowl player. He's extremely consistent with 1 sack in something like 8 straight games. I do wonder though. How come he rarely get one of those games where he just OWN the tackle and rack up multiple sacks.

I think he's the most complete LB in the league but he has yet to reach the elite status as a pass rusher. Don't get me wrong, he's good but he's not yet great. I think he not as good as Haley was as a pass rusher. Ware often take too wide of an arc to the QB.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
btcutter;1833302 said:
Fabulous player. Our BEST D player without a doubt and Pro bowl player. He's extremely consistent with 1 sack in something like 8 straight games. I do wonder though. How come he rarely get one of those games where he just OWN the tackle and rack up multiple sacks.

I think he's the most complete LB in the league but he has yet to reach the elite status as a pass rusher. Don't get me wrong, he's good but he's not yet great. I think he not as good as Haley was as a pass rusher. Ware often take too wide of an arc to the QB.

thats exactly why, he does that almost everytime, trying beat the tackle off the edge. to his credit he has got alot better timing the snap.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
He doesn't finish well enough either. He will learn and he will get stronger. The sky is the limit on this kid. I love to watch him.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I think people want Ware to rack up a ton of sacks in one game, the problem is that he's at the point that once he starts dominating an offensive tackle, the opponent starts protecting the offensive tackle with a back or tight end helping to block or getting WR's to rub him. As far as finishing plays, the number of FF's he has sort of debunks that theory.

YAKUZA

TheHerd

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;1833561 said:
I think people want Ware to rack up a ton of sacks in one game, the problem is that he's at the point that once he starts dominating an offensive tackle, the opponent starts protecting the offensive tackle with a back or tight end helping to block or getting WR's to rub him. As far as finishing plays, the number of FF's he has sort of debunks that theory.
YAKUZA

I agree with this and don't understand why other guys don't get the same attention when they get a sack and/or pressures in a game. I'm thinking of the Osi game where the LT had no chance against him and Reid refused to give him help. It was embarrassing. Why don't teams adjust to everyone?