Ware for MVP?

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
We need to win out, make the playoffs and have Ware finish with at least 21 or so sacks for him to get MVP consideration (oh, and in the process get monstrous performances out of the D as a whole against Baltimore and Philly).

For whatever reason, I'm not hearing a lot of Ware's performance nationally. Or maybe I'm under a rock, but it seems like his season is a bit of a footnote for some.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Romo is more valuable to this team than Ware. DeMarcus is DPOY in my book, but Romo is the key to this team.

Remember MVP means most valuable...we all saw what happened without Tony.

Its between him and Peyton IMO...though I think Warner, despite struggles he has had, deserves to get some consideration

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
Future;2498824 said:
Romo is more valuable to this team than Ware. DeMarcus is DPOY in my book, but Romo is the key to this team.

Remember MVP means most valuable...we all saw what happened without Tony.

Its between him and Peyton IMO...though I think Warner, despite struggles he has had, deserves to get some consideration

In an academic sense you're dead on, but we all know how the writers vote. Romo hasn't a shot in hell at MVP.

In reality, MVP is based on who has the most monster season and the media lobbies for.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hostile;2498270 said:
If he gets to 23 or more...yep. I could definitely see it.

I agree if he breaks the sack record he will have a very good chance at winning it. I have heard several analyst claim Ware is the most dominating pass rusher in the game today

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
I probably should've added that stat, but it isn't official (I dont think) and seems way too subjective.

Truth be told, I'm not sure tackles should even factor into the equation, but it does, so I had to add it.

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
oh and i ask again, if anyone around is old enough to remember it, what the hell did Mark Moseley (K-WAS) do to win the MVP in '82?

a kicker winning MVP just sounds ludicrous.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
EastDallasCowboy;2499316 said:
oh and i ask again, if anyone around is old enough to remember it, what the hell did Mark Moseley (K-WAS) do to win the MVP in '82?

He has pictures of Pete Rozelle nude... I heard a donkey was in those pics too.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
EastDallasCowboy;2499316 said:

'82 was the closest there came to a season being cancelled. It was a strike year--a 9-game season--so nobody could break any season records (and Everson Walls was chasing the single season INT record). Mosely had a great year and made a lot of game-winning kicks.

Why do you consider TFL's way too subjective, but sacks not? The only difference is who's being tackled.

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
tell you what, this is interesting me more, gimme 30m and i will draw up charts for OPOY, DPOY, and MVP relative to previous seasons

DFWJC

Reaction score
Rack;2498329 said:
You're on crack if you think LT had 20.5 sacks yet didn't force a single fumble.

LT is basically the guy that started the whole "Strip/Sack" move.

That is true. He was really the first truely dominant linebacker when it comes to sacks. he changed the game to some degree. And he always seemed to be causing fumbles. I'm thinking he even broke someone's wrist once doing it.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
I think Ware is more valuable to our defense than Harrison is to the Steelers. They're loaded everywhere on that D. I like Ellis and all, but he's no Woodley. Offenses probably spend a lot more time gameplanning for Ware than they do Harrison.