WARNING!!! Positive thread, no bashing

Reaction score
OK, so after the game on Sunday, I sat there for about 30 minutes staring at the t.v wondering how in the hell did this just happen. I'm sure I was not the only one. To tell you the truth, this loss hurt worse than Seattle last year, worse than Carolina in 1996, this one was a punch straight to the gut. We all know what this team was and is capable of, and we all know that we were suppose to win that game on Sunday. I've painfully read through many of the posts yesterday and today and I decided to make this one just for the positive points heading into next year. Unless you have a valid replacement or solution for one single player, we don't need to relive their faults and mess ups from this year, and we all know who they are. Maybe I just need this to feel better myself but after being verbally assaulted by E.S. members all year, I need to know that you guys are as confident about our Boys' for next year as I am.Come on Cowboys, every champion has to go through these kind of seasons and losses, we should be grateful that for the most part, our team will be together for the next 4-5 years....

Kilyin

Reaction score
I can't take it anymore. I'm reserving all optimism with regards to the Dallas Cowboys until we actually win a playoff game.

Reaction score
Kilyin;1906584 said:
I can't take it anymore. I'm reserving all optimism with regards to the Dallas Cowboys until we actually win a playoff game.

PLease do not buy into that crap about winning a playoff game, a season like this doesn't matter for teams who don't plan to be there next year, but we obviously do plan to be. Each season is a stepping stone, atleast were headed into the right direction. The Skins and Saints both won playoff games the past three years and ended up having a losing record the next. At least we are steadily improving:banghead:

Kilyin

Reaction score
VA COWBOYS FAN;1906602 said:
PLease do not buy into that crap about winning a playoff game, a season like this doesn't matter for teams who don't plan to be there next year, but we obviously do plan to be. Each season is a stepping stone, atleast were headed into the right direction. The Skins and Saints both won playoff games the past three years and ended up having a losing record the next. At least we are steadily improving

It's not going to be easy to improve on a regular season record of 13-3. Besides, I don't care if we go 9-7 and squeak into the wild card, as long as we do something besides choke when we get there. I've almost forgotten what it's like to root for a team that wins when it matters.

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Well, I posted it on Sunday night.

The thing that has me optimistic is "4th Youngest Team in the League". If we play the draft and Salary Cap right, we should have tons of Talent to compete with for the next 3-4 years minimum I'd say.

Also, we had 12 Probowlers this year.

Take out Roy maybe.

Romo
Barber
Ware
Witten
Newman
Folk
Gurode
Bigg Davis
Hamlin (young with upside and should be resigned if reasonable price)
TO (old, but when healthy still an elite WR)

Heck I'm missing a couple

Flo might have to go money wise (plus I'm made about 2nd half on Sunday).

Add McBriar and Spencer as solid looking players.

Lots of building blocks in place. Team needs good coaching, and leadership and to KEEP maturing. It's hard to tell without a playoff win, but the team is accomplishing more - the last 3 years have all shown improvement. First the roster, then playoffs, then WINNING DIVISION, 13-3, BYE. Next step is playoff win. Stop the Super Bowl crap. We need experience winning big games.

The job of Jerry and Company is to go bring in some leadership. Not enough leaders on team. Ellis is a whiner. Roy is declining. Newman is a bit of a joker. TO has too much bagage. Romo needs to step up a bit here. It's tough to be respected if you date Jessica Simpson, sorry, unfair, but not sure he is given respect there these days (I don't care).

Lots of positives, but we need just a couple more to get over the hump.

LarryCanadian

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
VA COWBOYS FAN;1906553 said:
OK, so after the game on Sunday, I sat there for about 30 minutes staring at the t.v wondering how in the hell did this just happen. I'm sure I was not the only one. To tell you the truth, this loss hurt worse than Seattle last year, worse than Carolina in 1996, this one was a punch straight to the gut. We all know what this team was and is capable of, and we all know that we were suppose to win that game on Sunday. I've painfully read through many of the posts yesterday and today and I decided to make this one just for the positive points heading into next year. Unless you have a valid replacement or solution for one single player, we don't need to relive their faults and mess ups from this year, and we all know who they are. Maybe I just need this to feel better myself but after being verbally assaulted by E.S. members all year, I need to know that you guys are as confident about our Boys' for next year as I am.Come on Cowboys, every champion has to go through these kind of seasons and losses, we should be grateful that for the most part, our team will be together for the next 4-5 years....

you sat there for only 30 mins?.....It took me 2 hrs. to get up

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
I wonder if Tank will be back because I think Fergy is the better player when healthy in our 3-4. Or maybe we could do this on the D-Line as starters for next year:

Canty/ Fergy/ Ratliff

DC_Addict

Reaction score
DCBoysfan;1906782 said:
you sat there for only 30 mins?.....It took me 2 hrs. to get up

Me too...I was like a mannequin just staring at the coffee table forever.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I remain optimistic because Jerra is the owner of the Dallas Cowboys.

He is the best and most enthusiastic owner in the NFL!!!!

For that I remain optimistic.