Was I the only one who yelled out

jamesdojr

Reaction score
when Tony actually took off and ran for 15 yards. Jeez it's about time.

Maybe that's another flaw he discovered while he was out. I'm sure in reviewing tape he saw a dozen opportunities if he had ran... Man I hope he does that a little more. Not too much but when it's there, take it.

Eskimo

Reaction score
If teams are playing man and giving up the middle, Romo should run for the easy first down when available. It will make defenses play more honest. I do think he needs to slide and avoid going head-on with LBs and safeties when he runs.

Murph80

Reaction score
It sure does seem he is at his best running around out of the pocket. Throwing on the run.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
If Tony can't get a pass out of a second or two of more time moving out of the pocket then I'd be ok with throwing it away.

jamesdojr

Reaction score
Like I said in the original post.... not too much... But when it's there and no one's open, take it...

ROMOSAPIEN9;2450033 said:
It's cool when it works. But I don't want my QB running. This ain't Div-1.

Givincer

Reaction score
Murph80;2450035 said:
It sure does seem he is at his best running around out of the pocket. Throwing on the run.

I'd say that's mostly because by the time he's out of the pocket he's avoided one or two rushers, and has bought himself probably at least 3-4 extra seconds. Obviously the corners can only cover our receivers for so long, and then a huge play happens.

Romo's ability to escape pressure is superior to any QB in the league, I think.

As for not taking opportunities to run, I'd have to agree it can be frustrating if it's third down and he could've run for it clearly, but he throws a bomb downfield incomplete. But you gotta take the good with the bad, sometimes those throws are way bigger plays than him running ever could've been. It's hard for me to get mad at Romo at all, honestly.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No you were not. I did the same thing. About one second before he took off I yelled "RUN!!!" thinking he might get 7 or 8 yards. I was very pleased to see him take off like that. My biggest fear was Romo would force another throw only to be picked off.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
when there is a lane, no one is open initially, and he has a gimme 5 yds.......run like the wind and slide like Jackie Robinson.

IMO, there are about 3-5 opportunities per game for Romo to get some decent rushing yards.....He could easily gain about 25-30 yds a game rushing if he would just take what the defense gives him.

It has bugged me when we had 3rd and short and he would run around the pocket or role out and have room to run for the first, but would throw a pass instead, often for an incompletion.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
jamesdojr;2450032 said:
when Tony actually took off and ran for 15 yards. Jeez it's about time.

Maybe that's another flaw he discovered while he was out. I'm sure in reviewing tape he saw a dozen opportunities if he had ran... Man I hope he does that a little more. Not too much but when it's there, take it.

I actually jumped up out of my seat at the fact that he simply took the running yardage, and got down with a nice slide, that the defense was giving up rather than sitting back there all day waiting for something.

He got the yards he could, slid, lived to play another down. Loved it.

proline

Reaction score
I was also happy to see us run some designed roll-outs on a couple of pass plays.