Was it just me or did

charlieheel

Reaction score
anyone else think that Manning was past the line of scrimmage on the play before the Shockey TD.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
charlieheel said:
anyone else think that Manning was past the line of scrimmage on the play before the Shockey TD.

he was pretty close...I only had the replay ESPN had, which was a different angle from the game itself (which I think had two different ones)...

someobdy said they checked and he had a full yd before crossing over it, but it looked alot closer than that to me

David

charlieheel

Reaction score
I had the tivo on it and watched it at least 10 times and I thought he was clearly past it

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
charlieheel said:

It sure looked like he was from the angle from behind. Hard to tell though.
We ended up winning anyway.

Could have been worse. Did you see the cheap holding call on the Saints to give the Falcons another shot to win.

Duane

Reaction score
:welcome:

It looked like he was over to me as well. But I didn't save it on my tivo to rewatch.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jazzcat22 said:
It sure looked like he was from the angle from behind. Hard to tell though.
We ended up winning anyway.

Could have been worse. Did you see the cheap holding call on the Saints to give the Falcons another shot to win.

and that wasnt even the worst call in that game...the Saints got robbed a TD on a totally bogus offensive PI call...two plays later the Falcons blocked a FG and ran it back for a TD of their own...a 14 pt swing

David

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
and that wasnt even the worst call in that game...the Saints got robbed a TD on a totally bogus offensive PI call...two plays later the Falcons blocked a FG and ran it back for a TD of their own...a 14 pt swing

David

I wonder if that was the NFL's response to Haslett and others calling them out over the "Home" Giants game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
charlieheel said:

I thought so but then this morning I saw another replay of the play and Manning did not cross the line, he was still about a yard behind it when the released the ball

rynochop

Reaction score
It didn't even occur to me that he crossed it at the time..so no.

Seems like i saw at least 2-3 missed holding calls on the Giant OL though. A couple on sweeps that went for quite a few yards and at least a couple that kept manning from getting sacked.

alancdc

Reaction score
Yes, I thought it was odd that no one on the broadcast mentioned IT, but that was the first thing that came to mind when that play happened!

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Yup , he sure was. I posted about this earlier. Me & my Dad we're both like: HEY!

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
rynochop said:
It didn't even occur to me that he crossed it at the time..so no.

Seems like i saw at least 2-3 missed holding calls on the Giant OL though. A couple on sweeps that went for quite a few yards and at least a couple that kept manning from getting sacked.

I thought that Davis ( I think it was him) was held on the Shockey TD, looked like the guy was behind him with his arm around his waist. At first glance I was mad, if someone has it recorded check it out and see what you think..... Not that it matters.

scottsp

Reaction score
charlieheel said:

Ya know, I was yelling for a replay as well.