Washington Post:T eam's Cap May Come to a Head

Henry

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
I never cared for Gibbs, and I've always felt he's as phony as a three dollar bill. Over-rated, if such a thing can apply to a HOF coach. Yes, he is a fine coach, but he can't shine Tuna's shoes, imo. Another reason I want to see them CRUSHED, and Gibbs back to NASCAR in two, wailing about the royal thumping he took four straight times from Bill Parcells.

Much like Parcells, the more you learn about the man, the more impressed you'll be. :)

I'll keep workin on ya. Of course, if I can't convince you, I'm sure the thrashing my Commanders will mete out upon Bill's hapless Cowboys will.

Ahem. :p

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Henry said:
BP, is has definately occured to me that Spurrier's 'resignation' was very convenient. But I have no proof of nothin, so I can only go by what the parties involved claim. I can say that before Spurrier left, the debate was raging as to whether or not he should be fired. While pretty much all of us Commander fans thought he was a disaster, about half of us (me included) thought he should stay on another year simply to keep the coaching turnover from getting out of hand, while the other half favored axing Spurrier anyway. Let's just say Spurrier resigning and Gibbs signing on was beyond my wildest hopes for the coaching spot.

LTN, trading away our draft picks does worry me a bit. I have hope that this is the last year we go into the draft with as little as three picks. We did have ten picks in 2002, and we did trade for another pick this year, so things are evening out a little, but yes, it's a concern. Next year we have six (all but our second rounder I think) and I'd like for us to keep them. As I have mentioned in another post, though, Gibbs has a history of trading picks for players. He only drafted four first rounders in his 12 years as our coach (none from 84-90), and usually had fewer picks than rounds. The practice is nothing new to him.

DW, I'm not a big fan of the Sports Reporters. They will pretty much say anything to get an audience. Szaban's job is apparently to disagree with anything Andy Pollin says. And I have never been under the impression that any of them are very big Commander fans. They basically parrot the headlines of the day and then think of a way to argue about it. It's ok stuff to listen to on the way home from work, but I don't think they've ever once come up with a subject that hadn't been bounced around on these boards of ours about fifty times first.

If they did talk about Snyder selling the team that IS something, because they are usually the last to know. Maybe they are reading this board. :)

But they b!tch about the cap ALL the time. If I cared enough to yawn I would. :)

You are correct about them never breaking any news. But come on, they are huge Commanders fans. They just don't kiss Snyder's butt all the time and they worry about his poor management of the team.

Just to clarify, they weren't claiming to have inside knowledge about Snyder selling the team, Loverro and Pollin were just saying that it would be consistant with his history as a businessman.

I just thought it was queer since they drew the exact same conclusion/suspicion from that article as LTN did.