Wasted years

sportsman

Reaction score
After watching 2 well coached teams Sunday. It is a hard pill to swallow knowing we have wasted nearly 10 years with a inept HC & we will waste another 2 years when his contract is up. Jerry hates to admit Garrett hire was & is a failure. The real losers are the fans who stress each football Sunday in hopes Garrett by some miracle will finally learn how to be a good coach. The sad part is Garrett will be fired at some point. But the main problem is the GM who will not be fired. Oh well, I have gotten to old now to change teams.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The bigger point is this didn’t just start with Garrett. What hope will we have with the next puppet?

And how does that work changing teams? You just stop watching and following your local team cause they suk and have no hope?

Zordon

Reaction score
The day he fires Jason will be a humiliating day for Jerry. My guess is whatever love he has for Jason will dissipate quickly when he looks back at all the time and money he wasted. Meanwhile I feel for all the players wasting away in this circus. Glad Ware was able to escape and win one before retiring.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
In the immortal words of Freddy Fender

"Why should I keep loving you,
When I know that you're not true?
And why should I call your name,
When you're to blame
For making me blue?"

:(

dfense

Reaction score
After watching 2 well coached teams Sunday. It is a hard pill to swallow knowing we have wasted nearly 10 years with a inept HC & we will waste another 2 years when his contract is up. Jerry hates to admit Garrett hire was & is a failure. The real losers are the fans who stress each football Sunday in hopes Garrett by some miracle will finally learn how to be a good coach. The sad part is Garrett will be fired at some point. But the main problem is the GM who will not be fired. Oh well, I have gotten to old now to change teams.
Well, they were the two best teams this year. Cowboys weren't. And when you have a QB who did not throw a TD in 6 or 7 games, that's a problem ever getting there.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Yup, it is shameful from a Cowboys POV what happened last night. Like I said, it was bittersweet from a football fan standpoint. I love seeing the Patriots lose the Super Bowl. I love watching Brady get knocked around and sit in his sad stance. I love seeing a well played game, and I love a good underdog story. With that said, knowing that it was the Philadelphia Eagles that did it is shameful from a Cowboys POV.

That is a team that, if you had told me 2 years ago would build from the ashes and win the Lombardi this quickly, I'd have said that you're either high or joking. Yet, the reality is that the Eagles did it, and with a backup QB too. Something that Garrett CAN'T do, much less DEVELOP a QB of our own. Yet, he arrogantly jettisoned Romo thinking that he could develop Dak. Sadly, I think that has proven fatal for Dak's career. Yet, in Philly, I hate to say it, but they are set to do something WE should have done. They're set to own the division for the next 5 years.

Think about this from a Cowboys POV. In 2015, the ENTIRE division was in shambles. Philly was an incompetent mess. The Giants were, well, a complete disaster. The Commanders were a bunch of flops as well. We were coming off of winning the division in 2014. Okay, we lose Romo in week 2. Guess what? It happens, especially when you have an older QB. Yet, the imbeciles running this team lacked the foresight to know that was indeed a possibility and was becoming more frequent. While we SHOULD have gotten a QB in round 2 at least of the 2015 draft, we ended up with Gregory as part of Jerry's "reclamation" disaster of a project. We SHOULD have gotten a QB so that we could have a legitimate backup JUST IN CASE Romo went down. But nope, we just HAD to have Gregory. Yet, what did we see as a result? Oh! We lost all but ONE game without Romo. ONE win without Romo with Garrett at the helm. We still should have been able to own the division. We failed. The Eagles? Oh, they just won the freaking Super Bowl, and beat the freaking Patriots to accomplish it with a backup. Once again, SHAME on Garrett and Jones.

To Jerry: STOP with the freaking reclamation projects! We're NOT in the position to be doing that. We need ALL the talent we can get. START getting players that can be of IMMEDIATE impact. START using Free Agency to supplement our draft.