Video: Watch out our Defense

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Historically bad is the benchmark they are building from so it will of course be better. But it’s crazy how quickly this defense has been rebuilt.

We are probably looking up to 15 out of 25 or so defenders that didn’t start on the roster last season. Gregory, Basham, Odigi, Bohanna, Urban, Watkins, Parsons, Neale, Cox, Wright, Joseph, Canady, Kazee, Hooker, Mukuamu, and Kearse.

Dan you nailed it.....that is specifically why....such a turn around....i did like what the dude said....talking about our D decision making........we may be fast and right or fast and wrong but we will be fast...and speed covers over many mistakes

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It appears Quinn believes the problem with our defense was the linebackers, free safety, and defensive tackles. All eyes will be on the defense tonight.

ballcowboy--- i am so happy we did not lose our starting 3-tech for the whole year....4-8 weeks...closer to 8....Odigizuwa...is same weight as Aaron Donald...and is champ wrestler....i want to see Odigizuwa have coming out party
and display killer instinct and Gallimore cannot get his starting gig back

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
too bad gallimore got hurt i hope hes back sooner then later maybe game 2....update on hill?

the D has been addressed heavily last two seasons so i hoe they can gel and just be avearge to sart season is all we need..

however this has to keep being harped on..

the OFFENSIVE TOS and lack of RZ scoring yes even the dak 5 games last year were bad it has to improve

also a Run game to balance the Pass game and run a the clock when needed,,thats on Moore we have the talent but KM has not been great 19 or 20 with integrating a run game, sure he runs the ball but doesnt seem to have any creativity and flow..just throws some in there then back to his 50 pages of pass plays..

my point is the defense wasnt the only issue last year, offense st and crazy coaching calls were all part of it..you cant give the other team extra possessions and settle for fg attempts..

improve in all areas and we are back in the payoffs :)

blueblood i `100% agree...we need a tenacious "D" line....very sound against ground attack and rushing passer......i dont think anyone truly knows how good we could be yet.....Bucs game 1...i am hoping as often does

early in season elite teams have uncharacteristic bad games...so hoping that with our New Defense and Dak back offense we go to Tampa like stage 5 hurricane and leave devestation when game over

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I've been saying that for months. When big name FA's aren't signed some automatically think it will be business as usual again on defense this year. It's not just the drafting of Parsons, it's everything the Cowboys have done to improve that side of the ball. We will see a difference.

Big dog---full agreement

DanA

Reaction score
I've been saying that for months. When big name FA's aren't signed some automatically think it will be business as usual again on defense this year. It's not just the drafting of Parsons, it's everything the Cowboys have done to improve that side of the ball. We will see a difference.

The drafting looks astoundingly good but I'm not sure I agree with the free agency signings. If I had a choice between Basham, Urban, Watkins vs Tomlinson, Anae, Rondell Carter I would go with the Tomlinson option. I think we spread ourselves too thin. I also would have signed Nick Martin instead of Ty Nsekie and had Connor Williams cross training at OT.

Verdict

Reaction score
I think the defense will be top 10 if injuries don’t decimate it. We have some depth. We didn’t even have starters last year. Lol.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm expecting the defense to be better (couldn't be much worse) but how much better and how quickly it comes together remains to be seen.

I think the first two games will be difficult tests early, but there are 15 other games and I expect the defense will improve week to week.

Jake---your profile...is that a chick....or a photo shop of Michael Jackson?