Video: Watched the highlights of the Arizona game

blumayne38

Reaction score
Watched the highlights of the Arizona game. The start of the 4th qtr. I mean does anything need to be said? Why can’t we do that more often in the red zone? I mean Arizona isn’t letting us score. It’s 22-7 at this point with the whole 4th to play.

4th and 1 4th 15:00
Dak option to zeke. Dak keeps it and gets the first down. 3yrds.

Anyone who says defenses don’t respect zeke anymore. Wrong.

3rd and goal 4th 13:52
Dak play action Zeke
Dak drops back quick pass Cedric Wilson TD. Running across the back of the end zone from from the right side.

What’s interesting is that Arizona sends eight. That’s an all out blitz. In my book of course. Either they thought it was a run play 100% or they just rather take the chance and let dak make a throw. Hmm.

Zeke being injured hurt this offense significantly. Dak isn’t a precision passer by any stretch. He has his moments but overall. I don’t think so.

I really have no point. Just watched the highlights and thought it was good red zone play calling. Wish we did it more often.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Watched the highlights of the Arizona game. The start of the 4th qtr. I mean does anything need to be said? Why can’t we do that more often in the red zone? I mean Arizona isn’t letting us score. It’s 22-7 at this point with the whole 4th to play.

Dak play action Zeke
Dak drops back quick pass Cedric Wilson TD. Running across the back of the end zone from from the right side.

What’s interesting is that Arizona sends eight. That’s an all out blitz. In my book of course. Either they thought it was a run play 100% or they just rather take the chance and let dak make a throw. Hmm.

Zeke being injured hurt this offense significantly. Dak isn’t a precision passer by any stretch. He has his moments but overall. I don’t think so.

I really have no point. Just watched the highlights and thought it was good red zone play calling. Wish we did it more often.
I have defended Dak. I said he was good enough to win with. But he is no Rodgers or Brady. He needs a running game. That covers up his inconsistency and shortcomings. But there is blood in the water when it comes to Dak and a segment of this fanbase. The amount of money he is being paid has fans suggesting Tua and Mac Jones are better. Imagine Dak only being asked to throw the ball 3 times in a game. AND...AND...the Cowboys win!!!!!!

What is wrong with people.....

Creeper

Reaction score
I think teams are taking advantage of the offensive line more than they are taking advantage of Dak. I am seeing a lot of pre-snap movement and other chicanery the defenses are using to confuse the offensive line. The offensive line this year reminds me of the Dallas defense last year. More talent than performance on the field. Last year the defense often looked confused about their assignments and this year the offensive line seems to be confused about who to block. We see it almost every game. Against the Giants the defense came with a blitz up the middle and the OTs took the inside guys and let both DEs go unblocked. Of course Dak was sacked for a loss. The Cards had a man free too often as well.

I have no idea why this is happening, but the time Dak has to go through his progressions and pick out a target seems too short a lot of the time. Also, I think they are doing things to get Schultz blocking on a DE. He is overmatched. Actually, he is terrible.

But in the end, I do not see how the OC does not get the blame for the offense not producing given all the talent they have on the field. And remember, there is a huge imbalance of CAP spending on offense compared to defense. The offense should be outplaying the defense by a lot, but they are not. Moore has to shoulder the blame for this. It is his job to have his squad prepared.

blumayne38

Reaction score
I think teams are taking advantage of the offensive line more than they are taking advantage of Dak. I am seeing a lot of pre-snap movement and other chicanery the defenses are using to confuse the offensive line. The offensive line this year reminds me of the Dallas defense last year. More talent than performance on the field. Last year the defense often looked confused about their assignments and this year the offensive line seems to be confused about who to block. We see it almost every game. Against the Giants the defense came with a blitz up the middle and the OTs took the inside guys and let both DEs go unblocked. Of course Dak was sacked for a loss. The Cards had a man free too often as well.

I have no idea why this is happening, but the time Dak has to go through his progressions and pick out a target seems too short a lot of the time. Also, I think they are doing things to get Schultz blocking on a DE. He is overmatched. Actually, he is terrible.

But in the end, I do not see how the OC does not get the blame for the offense not producing given all the talent they have on the field. And remember, there is a huge imbalance of CAP spending on offense compared to defense. The offense should be outplaying the defense by a lot, but they are not. Moore has to shoulder the blame for this. It is his job to have his squad prepared.
I agree Moore should get the blame. But, I see a lot of instances. Where I feel like we are forcing our hand instead of taking what the defense gives us. And vis versa at times. It’s frustrating when you leave yards out there that could be had if you just stop trying to dominate all the time. I mean I like the mindset but you gotta be flexible with playcalling. Idk.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

Dak play action Zeke

Dak has thrown more TDs against the blitz than any other QB this season and it's not even close

Dak 21 TDs against the blitz

2nd highest is 12 TDs

This proves Dak can process and see the field and isn't some deer in the headlights. I think the offense is much better moving fast and uptempo. They don't need to be slow and methodical to keep defense fresh like a few years ago.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Dak play action Zeke

LOL.............you call biting on a fake handoff to Zeke and Dak keeping it like he rarely does "respecting Zeke"? They could have had Clement in there and the same thing would have happened.

NO ONE RESPECTS ZEKE

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak has thrown more TDs against the blitz than any other QB this season and it's not even close

2nd highest is 12 TDs

This proves Dak can process and see the field and isn't some deer in the headlights. I think the offense is much better moving fast and uptempo. They don't need to be slow and methodical to keep defense fresh like a few years ago.

Facts are stubborn things. Dak is our best offensive player, end of story.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Facts are stubborn things. Dak is our best offensive player, end of story.
Yes sir.

And for the haters, we aren't saying Dak is perfect cause no player is but without Dak this team will struggle to win many games. Y'all think the offense is bad now....

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

2nd highest is 12 TDs

I kind of think the opposite. Beating the blitz usually only takes a quick read because there are less defenders in the secondary. Defenses are confusing our offense by flooding the zones, which either forces Dak to fit the ball in a tight window or look elsewhere. They are gambling that they can get to him before he finds a big enough window.

I don't think this means that Dak can't read defenses. I think he's reading them fine, but he's indecisive about throwing into downfield coverage. I think he can also fit the ball into tight windows when he's not trying to overcompensate for the coverage. That seems to be a problem right now that I'd thought he'd gotten figured out against Washington.

Despite what some members here think, Prescott has shown he can be a capable QB, but right now, he and the offense are not doing things to show that ... at least not on a regular basis. McCarthy and Moore seem to believe that if we primarily just keep doing the same thing, we'll hit on some of those throws we're missing on right now. But I think a pattern has been established that proves that's not the case. We don't need to be focusing on Philly right now, but on figuring out ways to change what Prescott and the offense has to do to beat these defenses, and the answer cannot be just execute better. Play Philly with our normal offensive plan, but be working on ways to alter the attack to make Dak more effective in the first playoff game.

blumayne38

Reaction score

2nd highest is 12 TDs

Slow and methodical wins football games. I mean it’s the recipe for success. You wanna be able to run a uptempo offense when the time is right. But slow and methodical is how you really wanna be, it mean you are controlling the game.

blumayne38

Reaction score
I kind of think the opposite. Beating the blitz usually only takes a quick read because there are less defenders in the secondary. Defenses are confusing our offense by flooding the zones, which either forces Dak to fit the ball in a tight window or look elsewhere. They are gambling that they can get to him before he finds a big enough window.

I don't think this means that Dak can't read defenses. I think he's reading them fine, but he's indecisive about throwing into downfield coverage. I think he can also fit the ball into tight windows when he's not trying to overcompensate for the coverage. That seems to be a problem right now that I'd thought he'd gotten figured out against Washington.

Despite what some members here think, Prescott has shown he can be a capable QB, but right now, he and the offense are not doing things to show that ... at least not on a regular basis. McCarthy and Moore seem to believe that if we primarily just keep doing the same thing, we'll hit on some of those throws we're missing on right now. But I think a pattern has been established that proves that's not the case. We don't need to be focusing on Philly right now, but on figuring out ways to change what Prescott and the offense has to do to beat these defenses, and the answer cannot be just execute better. Play Philly with our normal offensive plan, but be working on ways to alter the attack to make Dak more effective in the first playoff game.
I think dak can win. I think he is a winner. But he doesn’t have the same kinda touch in his throwing that some other guys in the league show. But he never has. I think he throws on the run very well when rolling to the right. He gets to make that nice little Jordanesk throw he makes, he usually is pretty accurate when doing this. When rolling to the other side he used to do the romo dip and spin but hasn’t lately. Idk why. He plays hard and has heart. He throws pretty good too. And that’s all you can ask of a guy. I blame Moore for the struggles we have had on offense and in the red zone.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
LOL.............you call biting on a fake handoff to Zeke and Dak keeping it like he rarely does "respecting Zeke"? They could have had Clement in there and the same thing would have happened.

NO ONE RESPECTS ZEKE

Was thinking the same thing. They could have faked a run to McGovern and the Cards would have bit momentarily.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Slow and methodical wins football games. I mean it’s the recipe for success. You wanna be able to run a uptempo offense when the time is right. But slow and methodical is how you really wanna be, it mean you are controlling the game.
Can't do that when the run game isn't picking up first downs or passing is only explosive in uptempo.

I agree it needs to be mixed up but this offense just looks much better in uptempo and stalls when trying to play slow and methodical.

This defense is better when the opponent is behind and becomes 1 dimensional. Its not the defense from a few years ago