Watching Bill at PC's, I don't think he retires any time soon

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
I know the team hasn't lost by doing something dumb yet, and I know we haven't blown a big lead by dumb turnovers yet. He will tire towards end of season. But......

Unless TO really blows up and/or this team doesn't live up to it's expected talent level (whereby we still look 3-4 years away from contending), I really feel Parcells looks happier to be here than any time in past.

Because the team seems close to being "Very Good" I really think Parcells gives it 2 or 3 years to try and win the big one again. Football is his thing. He seems energized and happy. I think he likes the teams prospects a lot better. He wants to end on a few years of winning notes I think. He loves building good teams.

Just what strikes me when watching him. He's pumped up! Not even grumpy after preseason.

LarryCanadian

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
YoMick said:
Obviously speaking solely for yourself

3-4 years???? :rolleyes:

Thats not what he was saying.

He was contending that those were the situations in which Parcells would feel the need to retire. He wasn't stating his opinion.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
The only scenario I can envision Parcells hanging it up, is if we bomb this year, barely make the playoffs and out in the 1st round, or we win the Super Bowl.

Anything in between, he stays.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I agree, Larry... And for more evidence, listen to the Parcells media call with the Jax media (it's on Dallascowboys.com). Parcells talks about how the older he gets, the more he appreciates coaching -- and how much admiration he has for the guys who did it so long, like Landry and Shula. He also said that he's more patient with some things now, and how some elements of the job don't bother him as much as they did when he was younger.

He also had a good half-kidding quote: "I tell the players, make me want to stay." :)

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Thanks for explaining that. I was doing exactly that, trying to suggest scenarios in which Parcells might say, "well, it is probably time".

Health of course is also a major factor with Parcells, but he seems better than in a long time just by body language/energy. He got a couple colds last year and I thought, Yikes, he don't look to good!

Larry

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
LarryCanadian said:
Thanks for explaining that. I was doing exactly that, trying to suggest scenarios in which Parcells might say, "well, it is probably time".

Health of course is also a major factor with Parcells, but he seems better than in a long time just by body language/energy. He got a couple colds last year and I thought, Yikes, he don't look to good!

Larry

My bad. I was rushing through the thread while working... but if that is the case/scenario.. .then we are screwed.... Bledsoe, Owens, Glenn and the other aging players will have been wasted in Dallas and Bill's time here will be considered a waste too... all of the young players in 3-4 years will be past their prime and we will have accomplished nothing....

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
LarryCanadian said:

Larry

You're welcome. I certainly hope you're right about this. As much as i have issues with Parcell's offensive philosophy, i'll can't deny the gratitude i feel for this team he's built over the last few years. Haven't been this excited in some time now, and i'd like for Bill to reap the rewards. He deserves to be acknowledged.

silver

Reaction score
unless we win it all this year then he retires on top.

wileedog

Reaction score
silver said:
unless we win it all this year then he retires on top.

I don't think he sees a need to retire "on top." Barring a disaster this year his reputation for rebuilding dead franchises is pretty much set, and he's a first round lock for Canton.

I honestly think that as long as his health holds up he will coach, win or lose. He likes this team, he likes it in Dallas and he knows he's probably never going to do it again ever if he leaves here.

Hiero

Reaction score
hopefully not I've never believed the people who were saying he was gonna retire last year. he's got a ton of youth here and I think he is having fun and will be here at least one more year (2007)

dguinta1

Reaction score
I agree with the title of this thread as well. All he knows how to do is football unlike JJ who I think trully enjoys being in front of the camera in a cozy studio or crusing in his 3 Rings yacht down in FL. At least at this point in JJ' life.

:star: