Wayans brothers making plans for new base of operations

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wayans brothers making plans for new base of operations

Associated Press

OAKLAND, Calif. — The Wayans brothers — Keenen Ivory, Damon, Shawn and Marlon — are interested in setting up shop at the former Oakland Army Base, which has been largely vacant since the base shut down eight years ago.

Details have yet to emerge, but a Wayans spokeswoman said the family is "very, very serious" about the project, which would include a movie studio, entertainment-themed attractions, retail shops and a hotel.

"If it were up to them, they would have started yesterday," spokeswoman Kay Karney said recently. Karney said family members are impressed with the diversity, access and weather in the San Francisco Bay area.

"They basically fell in love with the city," she said.

The Wayans family had a hit 1990s TV show, In Living Color. Keenen Ivory Wayans wrote, produced and directed the 2004 film White Chicks, which starred Shawn and Marlon Wayans.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/ae/3226633

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I have "In Living Color" on DVD... VERY funny stuff although I like Keenen and Damon much better than the younger two...

Keenen is a very talented writer and producer... Damon is just flat out funny when turned loose... and he also can also do drama...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:
I have "In Living Color" on DVD... VERY funny stuff although I like Keenen and Damon much better than the younger two...

Keenen is a very talented writer and producer... Damon is just flat out funny when turned loose... and he also can also do drama...
In some respects, the Wayans family are this generation's Jacksons from a comedic perspective, but without all the quirky personalities.

Oprah had them all on her show once (one of the rare occasions I actually watched her) and they were pretty hilarious. They even had their sister Kim on there. They are one silly family and you can tell they enjoy being around one another.

I agree Keenan and Damon are the more talented of them all. But that's why most of their siblings projects are guided by their input. Even tho I've seen Damon do dramatic movies, it's pretty funny to watch him in the new Hanes commercials. I've never thought of him as a sex symbol.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
In some respects, the Wayans family are this generation's Jacksons from a comedic perspective, but without all the quirky personalities.

Oprah had them all on her show once (one of the rare occasions I actually watched her) and they were pretty hilarious. They even had their sister Kim on there. They are one silly family and you can tell they enjoy being around one another.

I agree Keenan and Damon are the more talented of them all. But that's why most of their siblings projects are guided by their input. Even tho I've seen Damon do dramatic movies, it's pretty funny to watch him in the new Hanes commercials. I've never thought of him as a sex symbol.

When Damon used to do the homeless drunk guy, Homey D. Clown and Men on Film (with Grier) you could hear me laughing all the way down the street...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:
When Damon used to do the homeless drunk guy, Homey D. Clown and Men on Film (with Grier) you could hear me laughing all the way down the street...
http://i5.***BLOCKED***/albums/y164/nbr1diva/inlivingcolor_240_001.jpg

http://i5.***BLOCKED***/albums/y164/nbr1diva/homey2.bmp

http://i5.***BLOCKED***/albums/y164/nbr1diva/homey.bmp

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
I do know that they have plans for Scary Movie 4, and a Homey the Clown movie in the near future.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
trickblue said:

Three snaps in a Z formation
*snap*
*snap*
*snap*

LOL
I loved when they did the halftime show for one of the Super Bowls.
Men on Football.

( Fire Marshall Bill was the best though )

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
That was one of the best times in television history for comedy sketch shows.

You had In Living Color with the Wayans Brothers, Jim Carrey, David Alan Grier, Jamie Foxx, Tommy Davidson and more. Even J-Lo was a friggin dancer on the show. LOL

Then you had SNL with Adam Sandler, Chris Farley, Chris Rock, Mike Myers, Phil Hartman, Rob Schneider, Norm MacDonald, and more.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SkinsandTerps said:
I do know that they have plans for Scary Movie 4, and a Homey the Clown movie in the near future.

They need to quit with the Scary Movies....The first one was so so....now I laugh my butt off in the second one but mostly because of Elliots character and the third one was so bad I had to watch it in parts before I could finish the movie.