We are exposed today

Sydla

Reaction score
We picked Zeke over Ramsey b/c it was a safer pick. We screwed the pooch on the Claiborne evaluation, and that may have played a role as well. RB is a very easy evaluation and has a better chance of making everyone look smart..........and thats what its all about in Dallas. Obviously, had we been assured that Ramsey was going to be all-pro his second year, we probably make a different decision. Shut down CBs are a rare and more valuable commodity in the NFL. RBs are a dime a dozen.

My problem with the Zeke selection was it highlighted that this front office doesn't really seem to have a plan and make rash and emotional decisions.

When the 2014 season ended, people clamored for Murray to be resigned. Stephen and Jerry came out and basically said that they don't view the RB position as a premier position and they wouldn't pour a lot of resources into the position because their studies showed RBs have short lifespans, get injured more, etc. So they made a decent but not great offer to Murray (which FWIW, I agreed with, I would not have overpaid Murray).

Then the 2015 season happens and for some reason, the Jones' panic and suddenly (and I wonder how much Garrett pushing for a TB moved them here) they had to use the 4th pick on a TB and make him one of the highest paid TBs in football. What happened to the organizational stance that RBs are overvalued and we shouldn't invest a lot in them?

Zeke is a great player but that doesn't change the fact, his selection just was another sign of the helter skelter approach they take to building this franchise.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My problem with the Zeke selection was it highlighted that this front office doesn't really seem to have a plan and make rash and emotional decisions.

When the 2014 season ended, people clamored for Murray to be resigned. Stephen and Jerry came out and basically said that they don't view the RB position as a premier position and they wouldn't pour a lot of resources into the position because their studies showed RBs have short lifespans, get injured more, etc. So they made a decent but not great offer to Murray (which FWIW, I agreed with, I would not have overpaid Murray).

Then the 2015 season happens and for some reason, the Jones' panic and suddenly (and I wonder how much Garrett pushing for a TB moved them here) they had to use the 4th pick on a TB and make him one of the highest paid TBs in football. What happened to the organizational stance that RBs are overvalued and we shouldn't invest a lot in them?

Zeke is a great player but that doesn't change the fact, his selection just was another sign of the helter skelter approach they take to building this franchise.

Well, lack of an organizational football philosophy has been an issue since 1996. Garret was green when we hired him and likes to employ words like "process" to describe what he is doing. But, after 7 years, i'm pretty sure he's still trying to figure it out.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Thread full of Monday Morning QBs. Drafted the best running back in football and some people want a re-do after seeing Ramsey play two games in the playoffs. These are the same people who would be hating on how bad Alfred Morris is and questioning why Zeke wasn't the pick while watching him score TDs in a Jags uniform. And then someone throws out that a RB's career lasts no more than 3-4 years. Glad you weren't making the decisions in the 90's. Emmitt would have gotten his rings elsewhere.

jsb357

Reaction score
We screwed the pooch on the Claiborne evaluation

And cost Dallas a first and a second.

:mad: